Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Media Storage Causing Accessive Battery Drain.

(Topic created on: 04-20-2021 10:27 PM)
SB1701
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,
I just bought a brand new Galaxy S21 Ultra. It's been 6 Days since I bought the phone. From day one I have been facing serious battery drain and heating issues with my phone. At times I even have to charge my phone 3 times a day which is crazy considering the phone has a 5000 MAH battery . In the background it always shows media shortage is consuming battery and there is no way to force stop the media storage. I have even tried resetting the phone twice and even that does not help. Getting is touch with Samsung support also isn't helping. Has anyone else faced these issues and was able to solve the problem. If yes, then please share. Thanks

SB1701
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hello,
Cannot switch off the internet at night as my work is entire phone based.
0 Likes
SB1701
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Also this never happens on my other phone. I also use an iPhone 11 Pro Max and it has more data as compared to my S21 Ultra still it does not heat up or discharges battery so quick.
0 Likes
Miraz79
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
How much as I can sir.
You should contact with care centre of samsung
0 Likes
SB1701
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for your help.
Contacted Samsung care multiple times all they say is that it should not have happened we value our premium customer's. That's all.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi, since it's only 6 days, give the phone's AI a chance to learn your usage pattern. I suppose you have too much files on your phone which the phone indexes initially. So it consumes battery. Many of my friends who bought this phone went to service centre after 3/4 days from buying to reinstall firmware. They were saying, it solved everything for them. Also, don't just turn on Adaptive battery, over time see which app is consuming more battery, try to put them in deep sleep if not required.
0 Likes
SB1701
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hello,
WhatsApp media storage is consumimg battery. Please the phone is heating up. Did you friends also face the heating issue?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Did you buy your phone online? My friends did. Then they went to SC to reinstall firmware. There was a bug initially with Android 11. It's solved now. See if there are any system updates. Install them. Can try reinstalling whatsapp. Do you use Gdrive to backup your chats or media? If yes, see once by not restoring from Gdrive. See if the issue still persists. If you have a huge backup on Gdrive and they are restored, your phone will take time for indexing, decrypting the backed up text messages etc. Also, do you use SD card? Try taking it off the phone for sometime. See if it's still there.
0 Likes
SB1701
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Here.

Screenshot_20210421-014059_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
A00N
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
It looks like the phone has detected data on cloud storage and is trying to download the data, for you. This is what seems to be consuming data and battery. Also, the media player is trying to locate media in the background. It will take a couple of weeks.
0 Likes
SB1701
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hello,
Not cloud but WhatsApp media storage is consuming battery.
0 Likes