Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus

(Topic created on: 03-24-2022 05:06 PM)
SB90
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have a s20 plus bought 1.5 years ago.
Somehow its back panel got loose automatically when it was inside the pocket and considering IP68 rating I didn't care about the water which was splashing/falling on me. And now I think device has a water damge.
Can I claim a replacement or something in this case, since back panels are not supposed to come off on their own?
9 Comments
Galaxy S
u can't claim as it is water damage and ur phone is in out-of warranty too
0 Likes
SB90
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
But what about the back panel?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Service center will fix the back panel issue but ur phone will be in perfect condition , many user face this back panel loose issue , even i faced the same and Service center fixed it free of cost by applying new seal,
Mesbah3575
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Same happen with me too.
I went to servicing center and they changed water resistant coating.
That time I replaced my battery.
Total cost me 2500 rupees
MonK11
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Warranty covers you for 1 year only. Anything after that doesn't comes under warranty and the company isn't liable to provide free service unless it's a widespread manufacturing defect. So I guess you'll have to pay for it.
SB90
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
But does that mean back panel will be coming off after warranty period ends
0 Likes
MonK11
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It should not be but it could be due to any reason and no company will take one or two such cases seriously. Moreover I would like to inform you that the phones with IP rating are water "resistant" not water "proof", its a term used by companies to save their backs. If a phone gets water damage they will refuse to service without cost even under warranty.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
1)they will probably say that the back panel is off due to ' physical damage' caused by you.

2) whatever be the reason they won't cover water damage even if you were in warranty.

We are seeing the struggles of s20 plus users with damaged display which is apparently due to faulty updates.
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung. 

Warm Regards,  
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes