Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S10+ facing dark mode issue

(Topic created on: 06-02-2020 03:54 PM)
IrshadAhamed
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi there, I'm using Samsung galaxy S10+, recently I'm facing problem in dark mode option. When I enabled the dark mode, the screen turned into greenish tint instead of black and grey. I don't think its a physical issue. It's a serious bug. 

@Samsung, are you working on this bug. Please release the update which fix this issue, its so annoying. The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra also suffers from the green tint issue. Since OnePlus also uses a Samsung panel, one plus 8 Pro also facing the same issue.

Is this above link is true? 
The issue is not only for s20 ultra, also for s10 series. Kindly let us know when we can expect the release from Samsung which fix this dark mode issue. 
18 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Yes, try using oled saver or pwmfree
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
This issue has affected the s9, note 9, s10 and very few s20 as well. And half the solutions given by samsung are just plain useless so I tried flashing my software using Odin the software seems to work without any issues for a while but then the flickering kicks in, I am going to try a hardware flash, like making the s9 a complete brick and put in the security patches using the pit files. I'll let you know if the issue is till there.
0 Likes
IrshadAhamed
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Its not screen issue because in some places, I could see perfect dark mode like in messenger window and some panels. But in most of the places it looks greenish tint.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

Check device in Safe Mode.
1. Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears.
2. Press and hold the power off icon.
To exit safe mode just restart your device.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
IrshadAhamed
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Tried it. Never worked. 😒😒
0 Likes
shahinahammed
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I am facing this with watching videos also. Like the black is crushing...
0 Likes
shahinahammed
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
See the darker side
0 Likes
IrshadAhamed
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I got rectified from this issue. What I did was, went to nearby Samsung service center and gave my mobile for 2 weeks to replace the old screen with new one. No software update or flash will work. Have to change the hardware means change your screen.
0 Likes
dany135
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
my phone also suffered this issue.. This green tint display issue on samsung galaxy s20 ultra was fixed by a software update..
Then why can't you fix this issue on Samsung galaxy s10 plus with an software update ?? plz suggest me...
0 Likes