Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S10 Battery draining/Over heating issue - Replace new phone

(Topic created on: 06-03-2019 06:49 AM)
Chanuka
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Guys Im Chanuka from Sri Lanka,

I bought a S10 from one of Samsung's authorized dealers in the country with 01 years warrenty.

After 4 days of usage, i noticed the phone overheats massively on normal scrolling / battery draining fast not even staying for 4hours of normal usage. and few other issues,

So i had to handover the phone to the service and repair centre in Sri Lanka, same day within few hours they called, and said it was just a software issue, and they fixed it. I was bit reluctant to take the phone back, because i wasnt sure if they tampered with the phone, so after agreeing with them i took the phone. 

Next day morning fully charged at 7am, by about 10.30am after normal usage battery was at 30%.

and the same overheating issue came.

Again had to handover the phone to service centre, they said they are sending to Samsung to check,

next day Samsung guys calling me and saying there is no issue at all...

How can that be, i was using with my previous Samsung C7 which has a less capacity compared to S10. I told them i need a new phone replacement for the one which i bought. I mean obviously i dont know whether these guys have replaced or tampered with the device. 

Am i wrong to demand a new phone?

Samsung India team in Sri lanka declining replacing a phone saying there are no faults, but clearly there was...I dont wana use a phone which has been going to every place hand by hand to check, and god knows what happend,

7 Comments
dubai1991
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Its sure is a faulty device.. !! if u are getting only 4-5 hours usage .. it's not that bad in battery backup.. not even excellent.. its mediocre.. they should give a replacement
0 Likes
Solution
simpleton
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
This is normal for the Exynos version. And I doubt they might have opened the phone, as it is tedious task and these guys are usually very reluctant to do that.

Anyways, push for a replacement. All the best.
0 Likes
pma1612
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I think they might have, I'm pretty sure that they opened my phone when it was being checked for water damage (this was in Mumbai tho)
0 Likes
Chanuka
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thanx guys..got a replacement..went to s10+
0 Likes
pma1612
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
well you deserve it I'd say. Samsung should be a bit better with their customers, particularly people like us who use their flagships
0 Likes
dineshnag
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

Great info

0 Likes
Galaxy S

nice post

0 Likes