cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Apps not available in my region (South Africa)

(Topic created on: 06-25-2021 01:20 PM)
Joe82
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
When it comes to mobile devices and most other electronics, Samsung is always first in mind. The build quality and the ease of use is always a no brainer when deciding on any device. 

I have been an ardent Samsung mobile fan for many years, however lately I'm beginning to question whether it's worth it. 

Seeing how other members in certain countries enjoy the full aspect of the Samsung galaxy experience and the lengths we have to go to, to be able to do the same just seems wrong. We pay for the devices and they are not cheap yet our experience is limited. Is there a particular reason as to why certain apps and functions are blocked? 

I've seen many posts of people in my country who share the same sentiment and it seems as though nothing will happen about it. I think I speak for everyone from SA, we just want to know why we are not allowed to access the entire Samsung experience.

Please give us a better answer than ' certain apps are region locked and not available for your country'

6 Comments
seumo
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Maybe you should relocate don't you think?
0 Likes
Joe82
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Lol that's technically a solution but does not solve it entirely.
0 Likes
sapmarvins
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Some of the restrictions are developers based. Some developers may restrict their app to a particular region or country not necessarily Samsung.
0 Likes
Joe82
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
This makes sense. Figured apps such as Health Monitor and Good Lock are native Samsung ones and that it would be available to everyone. 🤷🏽‍♂️

0 Likes
03l01m
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Which apps are you unable to get?
0 Likes
RoelfieR
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Maybe these functions just do not exist? I've been trying for months to get an answer, but always the same. Time to write to the ARB.
0 Likes