Original topic:

SUBPAR EXYNOS and feeling fleeced as a customer!

(Topic created on: 09-25-2020 12:17 PM)
ZiaB
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I've been Using a s20 plus Exynos variant for roughly 06 days now.. Initially was okayish with SOT of 6 to 7 hrs and total standby of 14hrs min was pleasantly surprised but since yesterday my bat's are draining even when not in use and idly on standby. To further add insult to injury I unplugged phone at 93 percent today to answer an official call on WhatsApp and in 01 hr 30 mins my Battery levels dipped from 93% to a crazy 41 😵... I've switched off my AOD.. Using 60hz refresh rate and no background apps and still it's rubbish. Uninstalled WhatsApp too. FEELING FLEECED AND DISAPPOINTED. What's the point of a Fancy looking handset with xyz features if it dies out every few hrs. Shape up or ship out the Exynos please. Why cant they just make all of the phones with Snapdragon SOC. 🙄😑
Samsung pls fix this variance and also upgrade the software to prevent Battery drain. 
11 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
did you use mobile data or wifi for software update? if it's like that then this will happend only.... it's n9t the process to install software in samsung devices as samsung provides non A/B partition type ota software not like other company.... the software needed to install via smart switch and pc 🖥 or via odin or samsung service center as they use odin only otherwise simply software update can bring software loop hole which creates various problems even display can be damaged forever which happend to many users previously
0 Likes
ZiaB
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Well it was WiFi when I first got the phone and turned it on like most folks I uploaded software over WiFi ... What your mentioning is not something most users would know so what should I do next now?
Galaxy S
oh boiiii...thats sounds dangerous 😨😨😨
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
@saket yes bro Around 2012-13 or 2013-14 there was a big backlash on Samsung and there is this issue where every S series and j series mobiles used to get bricked with every update they release. Users have to visit service center for every update to unbrick devices. Those times Samsung has this app called Samsung kies which detects bricked device and initialize emergency firmware installation. But also kies interface and ui is somewhat difficult and not all users able to use it. Then they released smartswitch with integrated kies where user can backup, restore and even update devices. As of odin Samsung itself uses it. And firmwares are open source from 2014 where developers can use to create their own. Samsung officially has a mail I'd for xda developer user where they can request firmware and firmware is sent to your registered mail. Sammobile is one of it they are legal and gets firmware from Samsung itself.🙂
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
@zia just flash your last software from service center your device all problem will solved
AmnGill
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You cannot do anything cos Exynos is doing everything.
No software update or repair can solve this issue and this is the hard reality.In real world exynos is creating many problems and high battery consumption is on the top in list.
This problem was der with earlier version of Exynos too and it seems like samsung did nothing to improvise on this department. They are more busy in launching hundereds of new devices but forgot to work on heart of the device.
very few devices shows improvement after software update...efficiency and consistency both lacks in Exynos.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
then how we are using our devices which is exynos and was exynos perfectly? 🤔 if anyone simply update any non A/B partition type ota via mobile data or wifi then not only exynos snapdragon also can create issue ..it's not process or recommended afterall that's why samsung introduced smart switch to overcome software loop holes over software but people doing same mistake repeatedly and facing problems ...i am using galaxy device from 2013 not a single issue present in any of my device because I allaways flash firmware... pubg, cod like game runs in my old note 3 like champ .... that's why Google mandate A B partition type ota software from Android 11
0 Likes
SyedAnwar
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
0 Likes
AmnGill
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
so you are saying that AB partition software update will solve everything in all problematic exynos devices ..not at all.. in very few cases software update can solve issues completely and for rest , to a certain extent. Exynos lacks consistency thats why lot many exynos users facing different types of issues globally but you will find very less samaung Snapdragon with issues. in comparison to exynos users.I am using Apple too and have used Snapdragon...exynos is still far behind.
I am using smart phones since 1gen iphone and i used my Mac to update all my phones software be it IOS or Android. I know all tricks and traits which can help to improve phone performance but If hardware is incompetent..software can help you to a certain extent.

0 Likes