Original topic:

SMS failing to be sent from Samsung Galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 05-23-2021 12:19 AM)
Members_oiEGuRQ
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hello All,

I recently upgraded my messages app in Samsung Galaxy s8 mobile to version 10.1.51.77,  which is the latest version. After the upgrade, SMSes from the mobile number in SIM1 slot in my mobile started failing while the SMSes from the number in SIM2 slot are going through successfully. I am able to receive SMSes on both the numbers. When I checked, I found out that the message centre number was reset to blank for the number in SIM1 slot. I got the message centre number from the service provider, but when I am trying to set the same, I get an error as - "Unable to save centre address" on the contrary I am able to set the message centre for the number in SIM2 slot. Please guide me with a solution.

Thanks in advance

11 Comments
Aditya844
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
From past 15 days im facing problm in sending nd receiving messages when i send msg it does not fail but could not deliver to the recepient in real time...
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

gujjar47
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Poor response from Samsung to resolve the message not sent issue
0 Likes
Galaxy S
1. Go to: Settings -> Connections -> Mobile networks -> enable “Volte calls” in your Sim1, then -> Network mode, enable ‘LTE/4/3/2G (auto connect)’.
2. Then, go to Messages app. Tap on three dots on upper hand right corner. Then Settings -> More settings -> Text messages -> Message centre, check if phone number given there belongs to area in which your phone number is registered. If it shows wrong area phone number, then replace it with the correct area phone number. For example, if your phone number is registered with Kerala area of Airtel. The Airtel SMS centre number for Kerala is +919898051916. If Message centre has wrong area phone number, then you will be unable to send or receive SMS messages.
0 Likes
gujjar47
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Device is not allowing to save the message centre number, what to do?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
First, find out MESSAGE centre number of your SIM/phone number for area in which it's registered. Then
Go to MESSAGES app, tap on three dots on upper hand right corner-> settings -> More settings -> Text messages -> check Message centre numbers.Screenshot_20211023-084141_Messages_44599.jpgScreenshot_20211023-084151_Messages_44601.jpgScreenshot_20211023-084202_Messages_44603.jpgScreenshot_20211023-084211_Messages_44605.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Then tap on Message centre, then type in Correct Message centre number if your Message centre has wrong number & then save it. Message centre numbers for different service providers keep getting updated.
Tap on following links to know Message SMS Centre Number for your area for your service/phone number:

https://www.techaccents.com/2020/05/message-center-number-for-all-operators.html#Airtel_Message_Cent...

https://mycarenumbers.com/message-center-number

https://icustomercarenumber.in/message-center-numberScreenshot_20211023-084809_Messages_44611.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
check if  phone number given there belongs to area in which your phone number is registered. If it shows wrong area phone number, then replace it with the correct area phone number. For example, if your phone number is registered with Kerala area of Airtel. The Airtel SMS centre number for Kerala is +919898051916. If Message centre has wrong area phone number, then you will be unable to send or receive SMS messages.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
If you find my suggestions useful then plz accept it as a solution by tapping on three dots on right hand side.
0 Likes