Original topic:

SM-G960F/DS Instant Shutdown

(Topic created on: 11-19-2020 11:32 PM)
AdityaSheth
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Guys I have SM-G960F/DS Smartphone,From Last 3 days it shuts down at 15% percent Battery Left, Does Anyone has any kind of Lead here!

P.S-I love this smartphone from the bottom of my heart but i just currently cant bear the expense of buying or replacing with another S or Note Series Smartphone which would live upto current phone's potential(The Reason for Change Request being The Battery Life being absolutely horrible where i cannot leave the house without powerbank or charger😞)
0 Likes
7 Comments
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Battery life deteriorated. You should be replacing battery.
AdityaSheth
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
But its just been 8 Months since i bought the phone...
0 Likes
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
So it will be covered under warranty. I think.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No, battery has a warranty of only 6 months.
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
In samsung's website it has 12 month warranty.
https://www.samsung.com/in/support/warranty/

Screenshot_20201120-112320_Chrome.png

Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh, they increased it to 12 months now, that is good, previously, battery used to have 6 months warranty.
Kinshuk05
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Please try to calibrate your battery -
1. Let it turn off automatically. Keep trying to power on till it does not respond. This shows that there is no charge left in the battery.
2. Charge it to 100% keeping the device turned off. Keep it plugged in for at least 15 mins when it reaches 100%. This shows that battery is at 100%.
3. Now turn on and use your device to check if it is still shutting down at 15%.

Also, what does the battery status show under device settings? Does it say healthy?