Original topic:

SLOW APP INSTALLATION FIX

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 09:39 AM)
DivyamPatel
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
It's so weird that all galaxy devices takes forever to install ,,,,, I have found a fix

In

Settings ->

Battery and device care ->

three dots top right ->

Automation ->

Disable scan for malware.

This improved the play store install speed for me.

Let me know if you found this useful.

Thanks.. 😀

9 Comments
Galaxy S
Wow , gonna try this. Tx
0 Likes
DivyamPatel
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Sure 😀
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Why should i disable the malware scanning option?
I don't get your points.
0 Likes
DarkClawX
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
He's right. If u wanna speed up your app installation. Actually while installing any app even from Playstore, the Samsung Malware Scanner scans for malware. So that results in a little bit longer time to install apps. Hence if we manually stop that service, then the app installation does get faster.
Galaxy S
But it's good to scan the application for malware. Ain't it?
Cause some applications contain adware, Spyware etc.
0 Likes
DarkClawX
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
That's why I wont mind spending a few more seconds..😀
DarkClawX
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
He's right. If u wanna speed up your app installation. Actually while installing any app even from Playstore, the Samsung Malware Scanner scans for malware. So that results in a little bit longer time to install apps. Hence if we manually stop that service, then the app installation does get faster. But all said, I won't recommend using this cause though this improved the installation time, I myself won't mind waiting for the malware service to scan the apps even if it takes some seconds more
0 Likes
vivek006
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I won't mind spending few extra seconds to install the app than risking my privacy.....!
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes