Original topic:

SAMSUNG S20 FE ( BATTERY DRAIN )

(Topic created on: 12-15-2020 11:46 PM)
Rashad07
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Dear All, 

Bought S20 FE recently. Battery draining and heating issue is just so disappointing. Spending close to 50k on this mobile but not able to use mobile with battery all day is unexpected. kindly provide with some fix so all these FE users can feel good about. Hope Samsung will fix it. 

Thanks.
30 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
what is your screen on time? could you please share from device care>battery >battery uses
Rashad07
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
please find the same. Thanks for the response

Screenshot_20201216-000600_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
it is only total, if possible provide each app running time, background activity below this report, if you don't want to show apps name then hide the name only
Rashad07
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Attached here for your reference

20201216_001629_82229.jpg

Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
so brother, considering 4500 battery and per your uses pattern if you get 6-7 hrs of screen on time then i would say it is good,
do once charge till 100 and drain upto 1-2% with all your normal uses and check screen on time as of now i think you are getting around 7 hrs
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
and meanwhile i suggest you to

if you not done yet then do some settings to save more battery life and observe for next 1-2 days, it will give a noticeable difference

1. Settings>Connection>more connections settings> disable nearby device settings.

2. Settings>>Location>improve accuracy >disable
A. Wifi scanning
B. Bluetooth scanning .

3. Device care>battery >power mode>select "optimised" and "adaptive power saving".

And then click on "app power management >
And enable these 2 options.
A. Adaptive battery
B. Put Unused Apps to Sleep.

4. Long press on each app specially 3rd party app(LIKE FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE) and rarely used apps and also ON "GOOGLE APP" as well, then click on>app info> go to these 3 options below on by one

A. Mobile data> allow background data usage>off

B. Battery >allow background activity >off

C. Notification >disable unnecessary notifications like promotional and unnecessary reminder notifications.

5. Go to settings> privacy > permission manager > location> and check which app have accessing your location all the time and if you not using that apps much, then deny access or set as " allowed only while in use"
As unnecessary location access by 3rd party app causing battery drain.

6.  Go to settings > Google > on device sharing> check which 3rd party apps present there for e.g. if you use paytm , paytm will  shared data to show recommendation and suggestion which also cause battery drain

7.  Go to settings > account and backup> account > check which app syncing automatically there, and if any app which not necessary to auto sync then click on it and "disable sync"

8. Go to settings >apps>search "weather" >click on settings icon right side > change "auto refresh" settings as per your requirements and disable some unnecessary reminder. ( due to auto refresh it continuously consuming battery)

9. If you use Facebook frequently then disable "auto play video"
And if you are mostly uses mobile, on wifi connection then also disable "auto play videos" in YouTube.

10. Settings>Google >click on 3dot at right top corner>usage and diagnostics >off this option.
sakthikings
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
ok but Still Samsung galaxy s20 Fe facing lot of issues
please fix it immediately
extremely heat up and battery draining very fast that is the major I will try all basic hardrest than more settings but no use light usage over heating
please fix I request to you as fan.Still I am not happy with using this pho
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
i told you in your previous comments, that show me your screen on time and battery uses screen shot but you didn't done, means you got a good battery backup, only your expectations are high
Bashmalik5
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I get 5 hours maximun when i use it continously. When i dont,the battery drains automatically..for eg if i got for 4 hours..and my sot is 15-20 min..i use 15-20 % of battery