Original topic:

S9Note Very hot, abysmal screen, terrible battery since update

(Topic created on: 02-11-2021 08:58 PM)
oldGalaxyUser
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi all,

Just decided to splash out for a new phone so going through the motions of updating/backing up/taking note of apps I no longer use etc.

During my update catch ups the device got very hot. I've had this before due to being plugged in, using the wifi and PCU to extract/apply the update so thought no worry, I'll just turn it off for half an hour to let it cool down. An hour later I turned it on and it got extremely hot very quickly, obviously not optimal. Bad update I assumed, so onto the next. No better, but this time I realize the screen is bizarrely washed out. I also noticed the battery draining before my eyes.

Warranty ran out about two months ago but I know it isn't a hardware problem as the timing would make this probability more extreme than winning the lottery twice in a row ... with the same numbers.

Things I've tried:

• Closing all application
  • Restarting
  • Leaving off for an hour
  • Messing with the brightness and blue light (oddly it seems fine when the brightness is all the way down, but obviously its difficult to see)
  • Updating to the next update
  • Resetting the application defaults
  • Safe mode

All the above present the same issue with the exception of messing with the brightness. Ideally I would like to resolve this without a full reset of the phone as I will be doing that when my new one arrives anyway and its clearly a settings issue that has triggered as a result of the update.

Appreciate any suggestions as I'd like to get this to a useable state before I order my next one.

3 Comments
NandaGM51
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I think u need to visit nearest SAMSUNG CARE.
0 Likes
oldGalaxyUser
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I initially had no idea what this was, upon a quick Google it seems it is a warranty service with the Plus variant being an extended warranty. As noted previously the standard warranty expired recently (Christmas) and the extended needs to be purchased and registered within 30 days of purchase according to the website. 

Obviously both of these options aren't available.

I'll also add that I am in the UK and due to my governments complete inability to be decisive we are still in full lockdown. Even if there was a Samsung retail store locally I would not be able to visit it. It is also my experience with these sorts of places in the UK that the answer is always to buy the new one and blame the customer. Even had I the time, opportunity or availability to visit them I certainly don't have the patience.

This will certainly have to be a 'fix it myself' job I'm afraid.

Any other suggestions are welcome but gonna have to mark that a bust.

0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes