Original topic:

S9 display washed out colors

(Topic created on: 01-22-2022 11:33 AM)
vmotati
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
My s9 recently showing washed out colors, some times mobile becomes unusable with only green bands on the screen upon unlocking or while receiving a call or calling some one.
When the brightness is max the mobile is usable but colors will be green tinted
Initially thought it was HW issue but 
After going through various forums realized that its a bug in the SW update

Below is the work around to resolve the issue 

Turn on the blue light filter which will resolve the the washed out colors 
Turn on the always on display and select tap to wake in always on display setting and use double tap on screen and pattern to unlock the mobile don't use power button .
With this I was able to use the mobile with out any problem except for call 
During the calls the proximity sensor is triggering green bands which will make the phone un usable during the calls to resolve this 
Use brightness control app and set the maximum brightness for phone app 
3 Comments
alamayaan234
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Its the common problem of s9,s9 plus and even the s8 and s8plus.If there is pressure on the screen and near the area where the proximity sensor is located then the problem of green screen occurs.One of my friend had this issue he faced the same problem exactly like u.Thanks for providing a solution.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support! 

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We welcome your suggestion and appreciate the time and effort you have spent to share your valuable comments. This will help us to improve our services.   

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Aus-user
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Will Samsung be fixing this issue? Also on s10e and I'm sure on other later models.

I won't be buying another Samsung if they aren't able to fix simple (and common) bugs like this. 

0 Likes