Original topic:

S9+ Screen Discoloration

(Topic created on: 01-26-2021 04:52 PM)
Ubinafat
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I updated my software last November and ever since my screen became green and black once my adaptive brightness is turned on. I can only use my phone at its lowest brightness ever since. Since the issue is not something I did, I actually refuse to pay. However my unit is out of warranty and I already lost the receipt. But 15K is really expensive especially when they caused the problem in the first place. 

10 Comments
Galaxy S
did you tried reseting it
0 Likes
Galaxy S
since the problem arived after updating, you should try to reset the phone and if it didn't work at all, then try to rollback from that update.
0 Likes
Ubinafat
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I already formatted and factory reset the phone. I haven't tried rollbacking it since the agent told me that I should keep my software updated to fix the bugs. 

Galaxy S
ok then wait for the next update
0 Likes
Ubinafat
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

My software is up-to-date but still no changes. I haven't heard anyone got this issue fixed through software updates tho

0 Likes
NandaGM51
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
try FACTORY RESETTING, after backing up all ur data.
0 Likes
Ubinafat
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I already did this, but to no avail. The problem is still there. In fact, it seemed like it worsened the problem. 

0 Likes
NandaGM51
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
it's so sad to know all this. U can still use the normal brightness control, s u've mentioned the problem exists only when ADAPTIVE is ON. and, ADAPTIVE BRIGHTNESS alone consumes more power and personally, I don't use it.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes