Original topic:

S8 gets switched off after having 20% of charge

(Topic created on: 08-19-2019 03:11 PM)
CaptAjay
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Why my phone gets switched off after 20% of charge? I have tried resetting the system settings but still no clue. I am facing this issue since 1 month. 
   Please suggest the solution to this problem. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
8 Comments
Sahaxp
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Need battery calibration. Or she was originally bad.
0 Likes
CaptAjay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Nope it wasn't. Previously phone with full charge used to last for a day but now this problem is arising.
0 Likes
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
batteries wear out after long term usage, this happens to every phone eventually. you can either replace the battery or upgrade
0 Likes
CaptAjay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Replacing or upgrading after using for 1.8 years is not good. this is a flagship phone and samsung should come out with possible solution to this.
0 Likes
Pawtatuh
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
im sorry do you expect a software solution for a hardware issue? breaking news thats how all batteries work, some wear out sooner than others and some later and thats very common, flagship, midrange or budget. everyone should be expecting a decrease in battery life in 1.8 years, it not like samsung uses highe quality batteries for flagships and lower quality for budget smartphones. they're all the same and the only difference is their capacity
0 Likes
CaptAjay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi, after one year i am telling you it was a software problem when i received the software update. Yes i agree with you battery deteriorate after 1.5 years but it shouldnt switch at 20% level. It should come to 15, 10, 0 and then switch off. The issue was resolved and i am not facing such issue anymore.
0 Likes
EmPrAcE
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
It is not a hardware problem. Many other users including me are having this issue. It started after the April security patch in my case. Samsung wont do anything. Buy some other phone next time.
rap1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
this also happened to my s8 after updating to android pie(april). it quickly drain whenever it reached 15%. tried all calibration, changed settings but nothing change. But last july i think, it normalized. nothing abnormal battery drain, drain is uniform all throughout. what i did was never put the back of the phone on cold surface. and i put thick back case. not so sure but you could try