S8 charging very slow.

(Topic created on: 05-12-2017 07:26 AM)
xatitude
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello ,

I am from India.

Takes me roughly 1hr 50 mins to charge my S8 from 0-100 not using it while charge & using original adapter and cable. Is this normal or slow? I am worried, please help. :(

Also it takes around 10 mins to turn led to green even on 100% notification.

RastogiAkshat00@Gmail.com

Thanks!

0 Likes
12 Comments
xatitude
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for sharing your query with Samsung and providing us the opportunity to assist you.

This is with reference to your query regarding charging time in your Samsung device model SM-G950F.

We would like to inform you that Samsung device model number SM-G950F take 150 minutes in switch off mode for full charging if device is fully discharge. As you have mentioned your device is taking 110 minutes then it fine. We would like to suggest you that always use same charger for charging device that you have received with device box.

We look forward to have a long and fruitful association with you and assure you of our best services always.

For any further assistance, please contact our Samsung customer care at 1800- 40-SAMSUNG (7267864).

Warm Regards,

Technical Support Team

Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
We would like to inform you that please check below mentioned steps to overcome the issue.

※ Battery charging tips and precautions: When using smartphone products, please pay attention to the following points and use them safely.
• When using the wireless charger, do not place foreign materials, such as metal objects, magnets, and magnetic stripe cards, between the device and the wireless charger. Especially, do not place cards such as RFID card , credit card, Door lock card between device and back cover. The device may not charge properly or may overheat and may cause damage the device.
• Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Charge-related products affect a direct impact on the safety of the user, so be careful when selecting the product. Unapproved chargers including Car chargers or cables may cause the performance problems and malfunctions or damage the device that are not covered by the warranty.
• Using Non Samsung-approved products (ex : wireless charger, USB cables, car chargers, Micro USB Connector, USB power adaptor) that are not guaranteed to be compatible may cause damage to the product.
• If the lower part of the device overheats, it could be because the connected USB cable is damaged.
Replace the damaged USB cable with a new Samsung-approved one.
• Be careful not to let foreign objects into the charger connector (connector, plug). It may cause overheating due to corrosion or temporary short-circuit of power terminal.
• If you charge the device while the multipurpose jack is wet, the device may be damaged. Thoroughly dry the multipurpose jack before charging the device.
arpitgo
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
while all devices in the world including even samsung s7 and s6 charge much faster why is this charging so slow ?