Original topic:

S8 Plus screen washed out suddenly, sometime flickering

(Topic created on: 03-22-2020 07:33 PM)
MukeshR
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi all! I was playing PUBG M last night and all of sudden,  my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus display started looking washed out. Itwas just like turning on blue light filter. I tried factory reset and all other troubleshooting but it didnt work. 

It seems like it is software issue bcoz when I turn on Always On Display, the displays looks vibrant, crisp and sharp with deep black color. But when I unlock the phone the black looks like grey

Right mow my display also started flickering. Can anyone help me with this.
15 Comments
Galaxy S
Its a hardware issue. Visit service center
0 Likes
MukeshR
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
How much it will cost? do you have any idea? I am plannimg to visit after relief from Corona 😃
0 Likes
MukeshR
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The display looks okay when turning on phone, AOD Screen etc. I am facing this problem after recent march update.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Please visit after this corona situation is solved. And the price according to Samsung for display replacement is around 13000 rupees.
0 Likes
BHEESHMA
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
this will never be a Software issue because I had similar issues on S9 plus and I stopped using it and bought new because it was issue with motherboard and display together in my case !

Samsung manufacturing best display and other half there display are weak when in it comes to flicker and burn ins

kindly visit service center and confirm if the issue is with just display or any other hardware is affected . display replacement will be around 10k and don't know about other hardware . don't wait by thinking it's software issue .

it can't be a Software issue
0 Likes
MukeshR
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It may take few days to visit service centre bcoz of Corona as most of the market is closed in area. I will keep you updated after visiting service centre.
0 Likes
BHEESHMA
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
yeah ! just be cautious about situation and check with service center when you can .
0 Likes
ajitsaria
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Create a backup by using Samsung Smart Switch and do a factory reset and see if the problem is resolved
0 Likes
saurabh262
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
same issue with note 9 from january 2020
0 Likes