Original topic:

S8 ISSUES AFTER APRIL SECURITY PATCH

(Topic created on: 04-11-2020 02:41 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
Guys my S8 is heating up very much and it is charging slowly even fast charging is showing up but charging is slow.. did u guys noticed? 
Give individual feedback to Samsung 
What is **bleep** is going on with **bleep** Samsung 
9 Comments
AshwinJames
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

From last month, my phone started acting weird. Below are the observations:

1. It was observed that on a white/colored background, we can see the burn in of the icons. (attached pic)

2. When I manually adjust the brightness, from 0 to 20%, the display brightness increases. When I increase the brightness more, the display suddenly reduces the brightness and goes greenish. When I keep increasing the brightness, grey horizontal lines are visible across the display and the font changes as well. At 50% brightness, the transitions on the screen are in slow motion and screen is green in color.

3. When the brightness is set beyond 50% then the display is still greenish, horizontal lines are still visible and the brightness is still low.

4. At 100% brightness, the lines are barely visible, the display is on the warmer side.

Because of the above, it is impossible to use the phone keeping the brightness on auto mode. The battery is draining fast because I have to keep the phone at 100% brightness to see the screen/phone. The display is horrible to look at.

However, when i unlock the phone after resting it, the display works normally with or without auto brightness. Then it goes back to its yellow/green tinted, horizontal lines, faded font display. This shows that the display is capable of being normal. But something is making it go bad, maybe recent update, bugs, drivers etc.

I was searching for some solution on the net and I came across that many other Note 9 users are facing the same issue. Most of the phones were affected after 1 year and before 1 year 5 months. None of them have dropped their phones or misused the phones. The Samsung Members users have many threads featuring this problem with a very vague revert from the Samsung team.

I gave hard reset, factory reset and cleared the cache as well many times. I have also charged the phone 100%, checked it till it has 10% battery & also gave it a rest for 1 day. But nothing's working.

I visited Samsung service center in Kanjirappally , Kottayam, Kerala,India and the only reply i got was "its display issue and it is needed to be changed", without even inspecting the phone.

AshwinJames
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i own s8
Anushka01
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Even I have S8 but not faced any problems...I think that may random mobiles are facing problems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
i don't think so.. Look closely. After april security patch such probs came not only in S8 but Also all S series.. my cousin have s9 plus he is also complaining about the same
0 Likes
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I'm facing the slow charging and rapid battery drain after march patch and the same is continued after the April patch too
0 Likes
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
fast charging: Are you using Samsung supported charger or 3rd party changer

heating issue:
https://thedroidguy.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-heats-used-1077315

or
For heating issue follow the given link: http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1119803
1- Make sure that 20% internal storage is free for which clear the RAM memory and storage of device (Settings > Device care > Memory/Storage > Clean Now).
2- Stop the background running app (Tap on the left soft key and close all the running apps).
For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > click on “+“icon > send feedback > error report/ask questions).

by Samsung support :)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
using Samsung charger. it is showing fast charging but actually it is slow
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
it was all good before april security patch
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
fast charging takes almost 2 hrs in S8... if takes more than that then it is slow... try any other charger once...

you can only downgrade to previous version of security patch. .. for that you need a PC and the ODIN software  in pc
0 Likes