Original topic:

S7 edge wifi issues

(Topic created on: 08-17-2019 09:42 PM)
Razz666
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I an using an S7 edge since Jan 2017. The phone still works very well but there's one issue related to wifi connectivity which started after the Oreo update last year. 

If inetwork is disrupted on my broadband, 
the WiFi on my S7 edge goes off. When the network is back on, the WiFi doesn't connect automatically. I have to toggle the flight mode to get back Wifi on. I have tried clearing apps cache, wiping system cache, removing SD card, etc, but nothing worked. Only toggling the flight mode works. Which means this is a software glitch in the phone itself. This issue has been there since the last many months. I have managed it so far. However will be wary of buying another Samsung phone.
0 Likes
9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
0 Likes
xdgone
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
goto settings- wifi .

turn it on than goto advanced and click view more

there you will see Hotspot 2.0 , activate that

than change Keep wifi during sleep settings to ALWAYS

also modify the wifi connection and select the option auto connect ( from manage connections or manage network )
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
s7 edge have this sleep setting option but our device running on one ui ..why sleep setting removed? it's according to Google policy?
0 Likes
xdgone
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Google removed it in Pie. because after oreo release all android future release has complete doze mode .prior than android has partial doze functions

https://developer.android.com/about/versions/pie/power
0 Likes
Razz666
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
All these settings are on. But the problem's still there. My friend has an Oppo phone. It's network connectivity is far better. The problem in S7 edge is with reconnecting to networks, after an interruption. I have to toggle the flight mode to reconnect. Why is this?
0 Likes
xdgone
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
delete the network SSID and while connection select auto connect option ( check wifi version from the source )
0 Likes
vishalthakur
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

me too

0 Likes
ishaarora
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

amazing

0 Likes
Galaxy S