Original topic:

S7 Edge IP68 : Beware of Terms and Conditions

(Topic created on: 02-11-2018 07:12 PM)
assist4tech
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
Update - Resolved ::

Thank you all for your inputs. Some valid points put forth have bought a resolution to my concern.

=========

Yesterday for the first time dipped Galaxy S7 Edge in water (aquarium so less than 1 mtr) and display is kaboom. All I can see is Green colored screen. Now I am being asked to Shell out 16k for a new display with potential data loss #rubbish fe5c62a7-4289-42f9-9a31-75c9da2da8a6.jpg
0 Likes
MDsays
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
i dipped my phone for almost 3 time ntng happnd.....
0 Likes
assist4tech
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Effectively the phone has some manufacturing defect.
0 Likes
roshini96
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
open this👉 http://bit.do/samsung-app-link-download
0 Likes
Siva117
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
did you given your phone for repair before?
0 Likes
Siva117
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
may be you given your phone for repair before that time people of service are not well sticked your display or your back panel... because of that may be some small gaps are created between panels and frame. so when u dipped your phone in water for 1 min on that time may be water gone....
0 Likes
Siva117
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
or may be your sim card tray rubber strap damaged. so may be through that water went in. check your sim tray... if possible send pics of your sim tray both sides.
assist4tech
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Never repaired. Using with case and slick wrap since day 1.
0 Likes
Siva117
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
ok then may be you regularly changed sims... so that your sim tray rubber strap got damaged. so check it once... and share pic of sim tray and your mobile display now how it looks like...
assist4tech
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
OK. I think you may have zeroed in on the issue. I do change SIM due to travel. I have now kept the phone in zip lock bag with silica. Will send picture once removed from it.

Thank you Sisan
0 Likes
Galaxy S
lol
0 Likes