Original topic:

S6 edge battery improved after nougat .. steps

(Topic created on: 03-17-2017 07:31 PM)
yasserahmed
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
actually my phone battery is amazing after nougat .. the only concern i notice is the last 15% issue which affects all s6 phones

my phone is s6 edge and here is what i did to make sure battery will work fine after the nougat update

it's all about the new firmware reads wrong battery stats from the older firmware .. so you will need to do the following and trust me you will notice the difference

1- back up all your files and contacts

2- charge the battery to 100% and keep unplugging and plugging till the LED becomes green all the time .. this step is to make sure the battery is fully totally charged

3- shut down your phone

4- press Home+power+Volume Up .. that will bring you to recovery mode .. then connect your phone to the charger again

5- choose hard reset and click yes

6- after you set your phone and add your google account and all use your phone normally till it goes to 0%

7- charge it all way back to 100% .. that's it .. now you have a recalibrated battery and you will notice the difference

here is a screenshot of my battery stats

722e8509-0256-450e-aadf-415358bd6254.jpg
0 Likes
3 Comments
Zoz
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
are you sure that will be useful .. because before i updated my phone i erased all my data and then updated the phone hoping that the battery issue (that i had in marshmallow too) will be solved by doing this
0 Likes
Zoz
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
my mobile now calculated the estimated battery life without doing what you have told .. but thank you any way for your help ❤
yasserahmed
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
for me it lasted only 3 hours per 100% now its 4.30 and sometimes 5 hours
0 Likes