Original topic:

S22 ultra, brightness flickering(adaptive brightness/proximity)

(Topic created on: 08-02-2022 11:52 PM)
Naveegator
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, I have brought s22Ultra on july 11th, I have found an issue. When I play 2160p60fps HDR Video in you tube my screen brightness flickered with respect to the lighting condition. I have raised this issue to the service centre and customer care repeatedly and after a long struggle, they have provided me DOA to get replacement, today I have received a new mobile and im facing the same issue here. But the demo mobile is working fine without any issue, i found that the mobile manufactureed in june 2022 having this issue l, may I know anybody facing the same. Here I have attached the video link. Pls comment if any one facing the same
12 Comments
SURESH3003
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Turn off adaptive brightness, It works for me..
0 Likes
Naveegator
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
But why we need to turn off the adaptive brightness for a premium device, may I know year and month of manufacture of your device
0 Likes
SURESH3003
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
March 2022. I'm not a techie to answer your question.
0 Likes
Naveegator
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
They are diverting the issue
0 Likes
Roshan5
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I am also facing this problem while watching HDR video on Youtube.
Turn OFF Adaptive Brightness NOT WORKING.
0 Likes
Naveegator
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, only for 60fps HDR. may I the year and month of manufacturing
0 Likes
samfan91
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Only solution turn off auto brightness, I have this issue on my F62 over a year still not patched. I have seen other Samsung models also have this flickering issue on HDR...
0 Likes
Naveegator
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
In my s20+ I haven't seen such issue, which means they're providing defecting handsets to people?
0 Likes
samfan91
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I believe this is related to ONE UI 4.1 update, when I purchased my mobile I didn't have any issues on HDR videos. I do remember watching almost all HDR videos on youtube on max settings and enjoyed it.

I suggest you check with the other S22 ultra users on social media platforms...
0 Likes