Original topic:

S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 07-09-2022 09:07 AM)
barsiky
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

hey s community, I just bought a new s22 ultra and Im surprised with the speed and features.. just one thing I didnt like and it was a concern to me before switching from Iphone which is the battery !!
they battery cant handle more than 20 hours or less with average use.. is that normal ?
what **bleep** that the battery reduces even if you are leaving the phone, on the other hand Iphone is better from this side.

Any advises / feedbacks ?

10 Comments
Galaxy S
Samsung devices typically learns your usage for 2 weeks and after that it will give you the optimal battery life. However do note that if you get updates in between you will have to wait for 2 weeks again
barsiky
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I hope your are right and it will be better soon, is it true it's better to activate (protect battery) so it won't charge over 85% will increase battery ifespan ?
Galaxy S
This has been known since a long time and after 2 weeks majority has shared positive feedback.

Protect battery will pause the charging at 85% and it will help to conserve the battery lifespan however I have it disabled I guess its based on my preference
Galaxy S
I have disabled it too cause I want to use to the maximum. I charge my phone upto 99% and charge it when the battery drops below 30%.
Galaxy S
For sure the battery will become better as the AI understands and adapts to your usuage.
barsiky
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I can't wait to experience that
Beanie
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
1 tip I have learned is to maximise the use of Bixby routines. For example, keep your location switched off all the time and make a routine that automatically turns on location when you use maps or any apps that needs to use location. It somehow helps save some battery.
barsiky
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Oh ! I THINK I didn't know about routines or how it works!! Do u recommend any videos ?
Beanie
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Tons of videos from YT,just type Bixby routines. Trust me, once you get used to,it will help you a lot not only in saving battery,but it in automating everything. No need to manually adjust everything.One of the routines that helped me preserved my battery is to notify me when my phone is already fully charged. No need to charge overnight.