Original topic:

S22 Ultra **bleep** battery life and slow charging problems

(Topic created on: 06-04-2022 07:36 PM)
Madhav22
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Samsung,
I've been frustrated with your products since last 4 years. First it was the S10+, then S20+ and now the S22 Ultra.
Man I've spent so much money on these phones and they are good in other terms. However, **bleep** as hell in terms of battery performance ever since. Fix it **bleep** it. Cmon you are charging so much money for them.

My S22 Ultra, with each update the battery drain is serious. It wont last more than 4 hours screen on time on a full charge and to my surprise with a 25 watt charger(Super Fast Charging supported, Samsung original charger) the lockscreen shows it should charge in 1 hour 1 minute from 15% to 100%.
Let's say it takes 1 hour 30 minutes even then I am fine.
It **bleep** takes 2 hours+ to charge and automatically stops charging at 85% without protect battery turned on.
**bleep** samsung? Literally, what kind of engineers have you hired who break more things than fixing in an update.
My phone used to charge just fine when I unboxed it with the version that came in the box, it was march update maybe.

Get your basic **bleep** right. Let me explain basics for you..
1. Overheating
2. Battery Drain and Charging Problems.

That's it. That's all we don't need as a side effect of each update in a phone. After purchasing such an expensive phone, we can't just wait for a good update that'd arrive someday to fix the basic **bleep**. Believe in stability samsung, if you want your products to be trusted.

I've been an android user ever since, but seriously dude learn something from Apple, instead of always mocking them for there mistakes first and then following there footsteps with blind faith.

Best Regards.
31 Comments
Galaxy S
Bro try once factory reset after taking backup. Also I am using 45 wat charger its charging fast only. I am facing issue with after closing camera some times gallery is blank.

Also try once using powersaving mode
0 Likes
Madhav22
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks for your reply, I've tried factory reset it did not work and 45 watt also doesn't work for me. I am not sure why, you could also search google it is a real issue with many people reporting it.

P.S: My S20+ used to charge alot faster with the same 25 watt samsung in-box charger (0-100% within 50 minutes)
Galaxy S
Once visit samsung service center bro, might be issue with handset I guess
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
The 45W charger is a big waste of money. I think Samsung is throttling the charging speeds with software.

As with 85% limit, you may have enabled it under Battery Settings.
0 Likes
Madhav22
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks for your reply.
As for 85% limit NO. I have checked it alot of times and Protect battery is not enabled. Thanks for your concern however, I've already clearly mentioned it in the post for Samsung. If they ever see this post and care about their community.
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
No matter how good a phone hardware is, and no matter how good the software is, if you install crappy apps, you'll have crappy experience.

LINKS in the following post can be helpful:

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Talk/Smartphone-Basics/td-p/11180153
0 Likes
Madhav22
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
What do you even mean by crappy apps? XD
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
What is common in all your phones: apps you have installed. Since your experience has been consistently bad, you should look into other reasons that can cause problems. The biggest culprit is Apps installed. You'll have to find the bad ones and uninstall them.
0 Likes
Madhav22
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
No bro, I understand your concern and I understand yes apps could be a factor. However, I've constantly monitoring them and have put alot of them to sleep as well. Still to be honest its **bleep**.
The experience with S10+ and S20+ was just bad due to exynos and its idle battery drain. However, this time with Snapdragon its no different to be honest.

Also, the fact I want to prove here is Samsung needs to improve stability of updates. It's just bad specially in terms of battery and charging performance.

My phone used to charge just fine when I unboxed it with the version that came in the box, it was march or april update maybe.
0 Likes