Original topic:

S22 ULTRA battery drain

(Topic created on: 05-25-2022 07:50 AM)
Grizzlygoon
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I got the phone couple of days back. Battery is pretty bad for a top tier phone. Attaching screenshot for reference. Wifi mostly on always. Screen brightness is mostly low. But still not a good battery life. 

iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Are you facing this after latest software updates? Mine as of now is 2.5 hrs for 33%. Aldo in the attached screenshot the battery percentage is at 26% so till 0% you can expect upto 3.5 hrs.
0 Likes
Grizzlygoon
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Just got the phone yesterday. So there was an update out of the box. So not sure if anything changed. But its pretty horrible for 3 hrs for a flagship
0 Likes
SandeepPoddar
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I think you need to see the graph better, phone already been used around 13 hrs and you have screen on time around 1.5hrs. if you charge your phone and use continuously you will also get 7/8 hrs, understand that your wifi/network is always on. This isn't battery drain, you might have used your phone in between. I think this is absolutely fine. Just seeing the graph and SOT doesn't give the complete picture.
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You took it yesterday, and you are posting so soon? Allow the battery to get optimized. All the new phone batteries to learn usage patterns for a week.
0 Likes
Grizzlygoon
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I mean patterns or no. 3 hrs out of the box?? Come on. My one plus out of the box gave 8 solid hours. But they went to **bleep** with their new os. So i switched and couple of hours to kick off and it also heats up.
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I told you to wait for a week and then see. Samsung is using intelligent battery.
0 Likes
SandeepPoddar
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Bro, nex time charge your phone and watch videos for continuously, try this experiment, you will surely get more than 7hrs. I have to charge my phone approximately after 17/18 hrs of usage max. This include inbetween usage and standby.
0 Likes
rojon
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I had a similar problem. It's because of Google play services. Make sure your accounts are synced properly. If it is, then clean all cache and force stop the app. Ideally the battery consumption of Google play services shouldn't exceed 1% in a day.

To others here,
No use of being a fan boy/girl if you are not helping solve a problem.
0 Likes
Grizzlygoon
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks for that. I'm gonna try it. I checked with the support team. They checked the battery said it's working fine. They are going to flash my device. Said during the update some scripts might have been cracked. So I'll update if that also makes a difference
0 Likes
Grizzlygoon
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Update. So the support guys checked the battery. It's fine. But the battery is still draining. So they reinstalled os. Told me to check for couple of days. If it still drains out. They'll replace it. Also something I figured. Google play services keeps draining the battery. Cache cleared. Force stop. But still continuing. Maybe that's the reason
0 Likes