Original topic:

S21FE Battery Improvement Tips

(Topic created on: 03-25-2023 04:48 PM)
GoggleMaharaj
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Friends

Many of the S21FE users must be facing battery drain issue. I too faced the same and after many permutation and combinations I got the optimum battery life by following the below tips:

Tip 1: Select 4G band instead of continuous 5G. This alone significantly boosts the battery life. 

Using 5G continously drains battery a lot. I understand all users who have 5G network would like to be on 5G continously (especially after waiting so long and then getting 5G patch update on this model would think this is not fair etc...all said and done one does not need 5G all the time).

Bonus Tip: I have created a routine button wherein I can click on the button to switch from 4G to 5G when needed like live streaming, YT etc. and once done switch back to 4G by turning off the routine.

Tip 2: Use handset on Power Saving mode. Motion smoothness at 60hz (Standard) will pinch for a day or two but I am sure you will quickly adapt to the old refresh rate which we all have been using since so long.

Tip 3: Put less frequently used apps in Sleep or Deep Sleep mode using the option under Battery Settings.

Using the above 3 Tips you will surely see a huge improvement to the battery life.

I am getting SOT of 6.5 to 7 hrs easily compared to 3.5 to 5 hours earlier.

I know many users will feel like whats the meaning of having a premium series phone and then downgrading few features. Unfortunately bitter truth is that Exynos Processor is not calibrated / optimized by Samsung to give expected performance. Its a separate topic altogether that a handset maker can't have the best optimization for its own chipset while Google in the name of Tensor chipset (actually Exynos chipset) has better optimized it in their phones.

Just thought of sharing the tips which can help all my friends who have bought this phone and feel like unsatisfied with its battery life, can tinker a bit around settings and enjoy the handset.

Let me know if the above tips work for you as well. Additionally, also share if you'll have any additional tips.

Note: I don't use dark mode or any other setting changes only the above 3 changes and battery back up has improved significantly.
0 Likes
8 Comments
SahajOp
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I don't recommend 60hz change as then there is no need to buy a 120hz phone and one should rather buy a 60hz phone if u are not gonna use 120hz
0 Likes
GoggleMaharaj
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I can understand your concern and relate to your point...but unfortunately to get a better battery life this is one of the tip I found help me improvise the battery life....though not something which I or anyone for that matter who bought 90 or 120hz would like to but thats what it is...sad but fact...
0 Likes
SKV-F235G
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I also have to 60hz in f23 to get better backup
0 Likes
PRASANNA007
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
i had changed 60hz refresh rate and 5g turned off i got 5hrs backup only, if i turned off 5g 120hz refresh rate 4hrs only i got. software side some improvement need. thanks.
0 Likes
GoggleMaharaj
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
u can try to put certain apps to sleep/deep sleep mode which are not used everyday
0 Likes
PRASANNA007
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
i already putted the rarely used apps in deep sleep even though i am using 4g only, i think after 5.1 update may be battery drain issue is there.
0 Likes
GoggleMaharaj
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
may be...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Making these changes also the battery is draning a lot...
0 Likes