S21 heating issue

(Topic created on: 02-19-2021 08:30 PM)
Samsunguser22
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

After purchase of S21 I Started facing heating issue

to resolve the issue I have visited Service Care center of Kandivali east

1st day they checked my phone & accepted that phone was heating so they told me to format entire phone & they installed updated Software on phone. After update of software they gave my phone back & told me to use for 24 hrs & report if phone still heats

Next day my phone was still heating hence I again visited the service center . They took my phone for technical check & told that they will revert in 24 hrs after proper checking by technician.

Today I called them to get status of my phone. As per technician following are the views:

1. Phone is getting heated with NORMAL USE of Youtube, Camera but is within the parameter set by Samsung.
  2. As per him on turning on the camera temperature raises to 38 to 42 (which on earlier call he accepted as 48,49 degree) but is within the parameter set by Samsung.
  3. He continuously shared single view that heating of the phone is within the parameters set by Samsung.

Samsung by upgrading its processors expects its customers to use phone with getting heated.

Now as a customer was I informed before purchasing the Phone on box or through user manual that phone would get heated upto 42 degree which is normal as per Samsung. If they had informed I would have not bought the phone.

Why would I purchase phone which gets heated with normal usage that too after paying Rs 73999/- for the phone. I have already used three S series phones S5,S7 & S9+ but have never faced issue with heating of phone on regular usage.

This is worst experience for me & first time S series phone has troubled me. I called multiple times to customer care raised complained but I am getting same reply from executive that Senior person is not available to attend your call we would arrange a call back in 30mins. I called twice with interval of 1 hour but still have not got any call.

My phone is already with Samsung care center would request you to please process my refund for S21 as there is not point in replacing phone for which Samsung has set high temperature parameters.

12 Comments
Tarunvats33
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Mine S21 never heats on youtube..bt it warms a little bit while using camera continiously for 20 mins..
0 Likes
Shyl1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Same here why Samsung devices are facing heating issue as iam also facing heating issue don't expect such kind of heating issue from Samsung I feel as wants to though the phone wish to another brand like Apple.
0 Likes
YuvixM
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I have s21 plus and it gets heated while using camera or gaming, rest it remains at a normal level.

But main issue is with video recording: its is jerky and drops frame every now and then in all of the modes
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Contact Samsung on Support.india@samsung.com if you are not satisfied with the device or the services.
0 Likes
kashish201
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
my s21 not heats but little bit heat after long camera 📸 used
0 Likes
Rajv
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
i m using S20 plus and faced heating issue even during normal usage. i installed a software from xda and reduced screen refresh rate to 96hz. it's fine now and no heating issue at all.
0 Likes
tr91
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
did u root and install a different rom??
0 Likes
Rajv
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
no
0 Likes
tr91
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
could you please share the link of that XDA page which you have referred to??
0 Likes