Original topic:

S21+ battery issues - Messages app takes most battery

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 02:14 PM)
RobD
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,

Currently facing battery issues...it's running out soon..only 12 hours of usage..Any idea on how to restrict the messages app.

It's consuming the most battery.
Please help 

0 Likes
16 Comments
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Try clearing its data and cache
0 Likes
Galaxy S
This won't help. It's a system app and by the way rooting will work for sure but it isn't a great idea? Isn't it?
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I dont know if OneUI3.1 gives updates to message app too via galaxystore, but i guess its worth trying to clear data or reboot into safe mode(in case some third party app is constatly accessing messages) 🤔

Definitely something is wrong with it if you look at the SOT.
I wont recommend rooting, S21 series has 4 major updates available, moreover he is gonna break some features and knox if he does that.
Galaxy S
Rooting is bad I know. And Samsung Galaxy S21 series is great series and using native messaging app is always best?
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Wait, is that google messaging app or samsung's default ? The icon looks different.

In my opinion I would use the default one.
Galaxy S
I always recommend to use default messaging app as which is preloaded in your device by the OEM in this case it's Samsung's messaging app.
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes. Thats right.

By the way, what device do u use and how much backup do u get.
Please attach a screenshot here if possible (its a section within the samsung members)
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/Post-your-battery-usage-graph/td-p/9162308
Galaxy S
My device is Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1. about 1 day battery backup.Screenshot_20210802-144201_Device care.jpg
Galaxy S
Oh my! Messaging app is system app and if you want it to use less battery then you just can't stop it otherwise you won't receive any SMS messages it has to run in background to continuously check for new messages.
0 Likes