Original topic:

S21 Ultra charging slowly with 25W charger

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 09:23 PM)
SgRepeat
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
My S21 Ultra is taking 1 hour and 30 minutes to charge from 5-100% with the Samsung 25W super fast charger and the cable supplied with the S21 Ultra.

And I have fast charging and super fast charging enabled on my device.

All the user reviews & battery charging tests online show that the S21 Ultra takes 1 hour and 10 minutes do a full charge from 0-100% with the Samsung 25W Super fast charger. 

Any idea what is going wrong here? Is it an issue with the phone, cable, or charger? 
48 Comments
Ashutosh7x
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Good that you've confirmed it.

So it's a software issue that came with April update.

Samsung needs to address it asap.
0 Likes
SgRepeat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I don't know if it's a software issue. I've asked the poster if they're on the April update as well. If they are, then it's some other issue.
0 Likes
Ashutosh7x
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Before April update I could charge in 70minutes. That was okay for me.
0 Likes
SgRepeat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes, 70 minutes is a good figure.
0 Likes
SgRepeat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Also, he's just replied that he's on the latest software build. So it's not a software issue.
0 Likes
SgRepeat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Just tried switching off the phone at 5% battery and charging it to 100%. It took 1 hour & 23 minutes.
No clue what the issue is.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your charging related issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/battery-not-charged-charging-related-issue/#:~:tex...

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
SgRepeat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I have tried all the fixes mentioned in this link. None of them have resolved the issue for me.
0 Likes
SgRepeat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
So I've had a weird resolution to the issue.

I started charging my phone with a table fan blowing on it. To my surprise, the phone charged from 5-100% in 1 hour 5 minutes!

I tried it a few other times & the results were the same. The moment I tried charging the phone without the fan, it took 1 hour 30 minutes.

It's really strange that a room temperature difference of a few degrees results in an added 25 minutes of charging time!

I wonder if this is normal for all Samsung phones as I didn't face this issue with any other phone. 
0 Likes