Original topic:

S21 Ultra charging slowly with 25W charger

(Topic created on: 04-25-2021 09:32 AM)
SgRepeat
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
My S21 Ultra is taking 1 hour and 30 minutes to charge from 5-100% with the Samsung 25W super fast charger and the cable supplied with the S21 Ultra.

And I have fast charging and super fast charging enabled on my device.

All the user reviews & battery charging tests online show that the S21 Ultra takes 1 hour and 10 minutes do a full charge from 0-100% with the Samsung 25W Super fast charger. 

Any idea what is going wrong here? Is it an issue with the phone, cable, or charger? 
48 Comments
Galaxy S
Kindly share an error report in the get help section 🙏
0 Likes
SgRepeat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Done.
Galaxy S
Nice.
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
1 hr 30 minutes is completely acceptable. My phone's 6000 mAh battery takes 1 hr 40 minutes (as advertized), so 1 hr 30 mins for 5000, you are getting better speed than most others.
0 Likes
SgRepeat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
If it's taking 1 hour 30 minutes for everyone else's S21 Ultra, that's acceptable, but everyone is able to charge from 0-100% in 1 hour 10 minutes.
So there's definitely some issue here with either my phone, charger, or cable.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Its normal, you can't say that everyone is able to charge in 1 hr 10 mins. Doesn't work that way. It depends on several factors.
0 Likes
SgRepeat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Factors like heat, phone being used while charging, not using the 25W charger are not applicable to this specific situation as I'm ensuring that none of them happen.

If the majority of S21 Ultra users are getting the same charging times as I do, then I'll agree that it's not a fault with my specific unit.
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You have to find that out yourself. And I guess there are more and not only you. And 1 hr 30 mins is respectable enough. It even depends on the electricity supply of your house.
0 Likes
SgRepeat
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
What do you think I posted here for? To get the experience of other S21 Ultra users. Looks like you're hellbent on supporting Samsung even when faced with facts. Well, I can't expect otherwise from someone who's a self appointed Samsung brand ambassador.

It's up to the customer to decide what's respectable. I don't consider 1 hour 30 minutes a respectable figure for a phone costing ₹1 lakh. It might be acceptable in the M series that costs a fraction of this.

The electricity supply of my house is absolutely fine, btw.

I feel like I just spoke to someone from the Samsung Customer Care team. They also give the same excuses that you do.
0 Likes