Original topic:

S21 Ultra camera issues

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 02:49 AM)
Sriman
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
S21 Ultra seems to have severe camera issues (mostly software).
Under the same lighting conditions if you choose 10x zoom lens and point it to low lit object camera switches to 3x lens and digitally zooms in.
This they might have done because of lower aperture on 10x but it's seriously annoying.

Also low light conditions like evenings camera always switches to 3x though you select 10x and the resulting picture is very grainy.

Samsung should address this immediately.
7 Comments
vishal261214
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
10x work on only far subjects...
0 Likes
vishal261214
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
and in low light due to 10x camera is f/4.9 and 3x camera is f/2.4. 3x camera use for 10x zoom for better pic.it is old samsung camera app issue from samsung note 8...
0 Likes
Sriman
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I have already highlighted aperture stuff in my post. I should decide which lens I am going to use not the camera.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Sriman
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
done that already and sent error logs as well but I didn't get any update so far
0 Likes
stoleriko
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

This problem is so annoying. 

It's not true that it's happening when the subject is not light enough or too close. 

I have too many grainy photos because of that 

"This phone is not "ultra 

0 Likes
Sriman
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
during daytime there is no issue with 10x lens except if the subject is in low lit area. Also if you cover 10x lens it waits without automatically switching to 3x which is not the case during night.
Overall I feel camera software is compensating for low aperture on 10x lens in low light scenes which I don't want.
0 Likes