Original topic:

S21 Ultra battery drain

(Topic created on: 01-31-2021 09:33 PM)
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guys

Any body having the same issue as me, I bought my Samsung S21 Ultra 3 days ago and the battery life is terrible.

Gives me about 4.5 hours of screen time with very little Netflix and browsing.

And that's with 5g turned off.

Thinking if I should return it due to OFB fault.

Thanks, any feedback would be great 
14 Comments
Shadowcult
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My battery life wasn't great either... disabled the adaptive refresh rate. It's locked at 60 now but the battery has improved a lot.
0 Likes
Lad1975
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi

My battery last about 17 hours from being fully charged and that's with my watching YouTube quite often. I am impressed with the battery life.
0 Likes
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks guys, now I'm in a conundrum, I played for that 120hz, will switch is off and see how it improves🙏
0 Likes
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
17 hours at this stage seems impossible, my old s10 lasts longer then this😑
0 Likes
Lorelailette
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
battery life on my s21 is also bad
0 Likes
Xerneas
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
New updates for the S21 Ultra's in SA launched yesterday, try updating your phone. I had the same experience with battery life coming from an S10 Plus.

After the update, make sure all your apps are updated and that nothing too intense is happening in the background.

I promise, it will get better once the phone settle in after the update. 🙂

P.S. I have the adaptive refresh rate on and I've been using it at full resolution. I'm super impressed.

Screenshot_20210201-212114_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thank you Xerneas... wow that is impressive, and it's still learning with that time.

I checked right now and there is a software update available.

today I got about 4.5 hours screen time with 10 hours total on 120hz, samsung care said that I must drop the display to 60hz and see what happens.

Premium phone I want that 120hz and great battery haha.

Will load this software and see what happens, this gives me a bit of hope now as I was thinking of returning the phone if not resolved in 2 days.

thanks again, fingers crossed here.
Xerneas
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I am curious to see how your phone performs once you've updated it 😊.

I'm so used to being disappointed by my new phones when it comes to battery life. I had an S7 Edge which had great battery life at first, but then after a few months it became very mediocre.

The S10 Plus was a nice improvement, but the same thing happened...it seems Samsung doesn't optimise it's Android updates for older devices in the battery department.

I agree with you, when you pay for a hyper premium phone you want a hyper premium experience - and there ain't nothing more fancy then not having to carry around a bulging charge adapter in your pocket just because you're phone is likely to be out of juice throughout the day 🙃.
0 Likes
Kevinnaick
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Good Morning....

So first things first. Exactly my best friend has an iPhone 12 and he moves with that 20000 MAH power bank all day haha, it's hilarious.

Alright some good news already, last night after the update and updating all my apps the phone was on 68% at 10.31 pm. This morning at 6.36am I checked and it was at 65%. So I'm rounding that of to 8 full hours of standby. that gives me about a 0.375 drain per hour which is Freeken fantastic considering it gave me about 0.8 to 1% drain prior to update.

I will leave it as is and still be testing it throughout the day on normal use to see how it performs on screen time.

Updates to follow...

Screenshot_20210202-063650_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20210201-223115_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes