Original topic:

S21 Ultra Overheating issues

(Topic created on: 04-13-2021 03:54 PM)
Rkush
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Everyone, 

I am writing this to share my experience with latest and greatest of Samsung. Its a great device, great battery life, stunning display, superb cameras and list goes on. But there's one thing which has bee bothering me way too much is the overhearing issues while using camera. This device gets heated up that I have to put down, let it cool and then after 20 mins if i have given it enough time to cool down, can only use it. Had to switch off on couple of occasions. Device is running on latest patch i.e. AUC8. Its such a shame to have such issues on a device well over a lakh INR. Any Solutions to this problem? This is getting our of hand...

Regards, 
A Samsung Veteran
36 Comments
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Overheating while usage of camera is a known issue and is affecting almost all devices of various models. Just keep an eye out for an update, might get resolved.
Rkush
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I hope they do.. I had s20 plus and just for this reason i upgraded it to s21 ultra.
Galaxy S
Okay I have just bought S21 ultra Exynos variant. It's one day old now after setting up for the first time. It always idles at 32-33°C/ 91°F according to "powerful monitor" app. But as soon as I open the camera app, not even capturing anything, just the viewfinder in itself, the device heats up to about 38-39°C / 102°F in about 2-3 min. I didn't get any warning but the device feels hot to the touch. What do I do?

Note: All temps are battery temps.
ケダル
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I also faced this issue
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
wbeard358
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

lol @ warm regards

0 Likes
Rkush
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Is this really an option? Because as above user said his device is not even a day old. I am sure all updates are installed and phone is as good as a device after Reset. I think this is an ongoing issue and may be a case of faulty batteries. Samsung must look into this matter asap because filming for longer period of time on this phone using camera may or may not lead to an explosion. It gets so heated that you can't lay your hands on it.
Binxsy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm  dose live everyday and recently it's getting to the point I can fry an eggs off my phone  overheats a lot 

0 Likes
sammyuser
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Please do something Samsung!
I got s21 ultra Exynos yesterday, I have s10+ as secondary phone and it has about the same battery life and performance as the s10 plus. With addition to over heating. The top bezels are burning hot and cpu temp rises upto 68 Celsius. I need urgent support. I just didn't pay to use the phone with similar performance and battery as 2 years old device and also with the additional thickness. This phone doesn't feel good. I am from Nepal and we don't get to exchange device for these kind of issues. Please help