Original topic:

S21 Ultra Impressions

(Topic created on: 01-17-2021 04:18 PM)
Karan087
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
Went to Samsung SmartCafe Store Today to checkout S21 Ultra and initial impressions are that the device did not feel that smooth even at 120 HZ and the resolution of phone was WQHD+ and the phone felt quite heavy. The camera was also good but I did not found that wow factor. 1 feature I found quite good was the Director's  View Option. 

Not a Apple Fan Boy but also tried out Iphone 12 Pro Max and the weight distribution on that phone is quite good and it does not feel heavy at all plus it was quite smooth even though running at 60 HZ only. 

I guess optimization matters a lot in phone rather than increasing the refresh rate of the phone and Apple is quite good in that matter.
6 Comments
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
They will optimise smoothness with ota updates. The device which you saw in smart cafe will be in box version. Oneui 3 animations are slow, maybe thats the reason
0 Likes
Karan087
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
so you are saying that 1 lakh phone will be slow in beginning and smooth later via Ota updates.. wow what a joke.
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Re, first is first im not a exynos fanboi. I really hate it and i want Semsung to stop using it in S series. I still say , i will never recommend peeps to pay 1 lakh on exynos samsung flagship. And i am sure i will not buy Samsung phone again. I personally dint like oneui at all, it lacks basic stuffs which is icon pack support from play store which was there in my old oneplus device. Ik even chinese manufacturer changed its software design a bit, but it has better and useful customisations than in oneui 3 which is needed for a software enthusiast like me. Even Samsung skipping a lot of updates for their high end Samsung phone, atleast others give monthly updates on time, thats not whats the case with indian team
0 Likes
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Abe sun. Im not a fan of any brand, and i hate exynos processors a lot, i will never recommend to anyone to spend 1 lakh on exynos Samsung. And optimising software is not a joke. If its slow maybe it is. But i had one experience with an oneplus 8 pro, the stock firmware shipped in phone was slowand bit laggy with 120hz, but right after next ota update they improved it well and its as smooth as how it should be. Idk much about Samsung, if they will improve it or not. I bought my first Samsung just 3 months back.
0 Likes
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
S21 series is a true Fail, except the ultra with Snapdragon. But exynos 2100, i still doubt its perofmance and battery life. I dont think paper specs is what it gonna be in real life. Still who line up camera module is wierd
0 Likes
krnpundir
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Buddy dont compare Samsung with a company that lauches 'a' Phone with different sir names and 'a' software through out the year and also with a company that just adds a 'T' to there mid year launch.

Apple strives for good overall package because they dont want to loose there customer base becuase the company as a whole depends on sales of these devices. For Samsung mobile unit is a part of their huge business empire. And samsung is not charging that 1 lac from us it is our tax system.

I dont get why there are no comments on pricing of an Iphone but Samsung people start calling them cheaters.

Apple and Samsung are both leader in innovation, but how many times have you seen apple putting a innovation that is of any use at the first place. Samsung I have used S10 Plus and now S20 Ultra and I can say within 2 years samsung has done most of the customer centric innovation like Camera, Screen and UI.

I know Exynos is **bleep** but it is evolving and can guarantee that one day or other it will over take SD or else we will see SD in all samsung phones.

And yes, I am a S series and IPad fanboy.
0 Likes