Original topic:

S21 Ultra Camera Review

(Topic created on: 02-18-2021 08:30 PM)
CyberPunk23
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Time and time again, the camera of this phone has let me down. I wanted to test my phone camera intensively and had been to tiger reserve forest last Sunday.

I took some photos which was okay. I wouldn't say great.

I then wanted to test super slow motion and there was extreme lag. Like there was too many frame skip for every 3 to 5 seconds. 8k video works good only when the phone is held extremely stable. 4k video at 60fps had significant lag too... Like the video recording was not smooth and I noticed frame drops in the video, which makes the video laggy every 10-15 seconds. My previous phone was Asus Rog 1 which had SD845 and 4k 60fps video recording was more stable. 

Portrait mode was good for pictures. Macro shots was good. But extremely unhappy with video.

Photos have extreme noise regardless of which which mode you select.

There's such a potential hardware, but fails to provide as advertised. Disappointed with the S21 Ultra Camera.

If there are any other S21 Ultra users, please share your opinion. 
14 Comments
GOPINATH-R
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
😱
0 Likes
mechnizmo
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
my experience with the phone so far has been completely opposite. I find the camera to be extremely capable and optimized with respect to Dynamic range, detail, sharpness and saturation.
0 Likes
CyberPunk23
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I am satisfied with the photo mode, although there's significant noise at low light. When it comes to video, I've noticed frame skips, noise. I find it unacceptable
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
bg4658
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
same here..and ultra wide is the worst of all..don't even ask me about the front cam and night mode shots..My note 9 was better..planning on returning the Device and get a full refund..its of no use..
0 Likes
RajeshSadiya
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
same problem facing in my s21
ultrawide is pathetic
my s10 was far better
0 Likes
CyberPunk23
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
May be our expectations were too high. Am happy with the front camera.. But yeah, wide and ultra wide is not up to the mark. Noise level is extreme. I've seen videos online comparing Exynos 2100 and SD888 camera samples and SD888 pictures have significant low noise. So am hoping future updates can resolve the issue.
0 Likes
YuvixM
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
The above mentioned issue is faced by me and brother. I just dont see any such issues mentioned by any of tech reviewers online. I think few of us got damaged products. Video in any mode is jittery and frame drops are like so bad that it doesnt even look like that it has been made in 60 fps rather 25 fps
MasterNetwork
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Yeah. The extreme noise in photos is really bad. My S9 was far better at controlling it.

Hey Samsung, not sure what happened here.