Original topic:

S21 ULTRA

(Topic created on: 03-04-2021 11:52 PM)
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
Dear Community members,

I would like to seek your advise on getting S21 ULTRA from Amazon US, is there any hidden surprises shall I expect?

Like:
I heard that the US model only supports single sim.
Will samsung Pay work in the UAE?
will the 5G network (provided by Du and Etisalat) be supported by the US model?
Will the one year warranty be covered by Samsung Gulf?
Any other comment/concern?

Thank you.
10 Comments
alshamsi85
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
i think it is better to have uae vesion specifically for warranty and 5G compatiblity. i think samsung pay will work here because it work based on sim and location (better to check with samsung)

if there is huge difference in price, you may go for US version
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Thank you for your comment .
I am picking the US version only due to the SD888.. I can't stand the exynos chipset with their unstable performance while being heavily used for long time.
leahcimph
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
actually I have s20 ultra 5g us version but I can't used 5g here in uae
shiv7688
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yes US models are single sim....
Samsung Pay will not work but you can make it work.... once you receive the new phone then take it to nearest samsung store and ask them to change the firmware and then it will. work.
5g should work but am doubtful as US phones support very limited bands. But most probably it should work.
warranty NO.....
If firmware not changed or Samsung center denies to change firmware then in that case there are chances that you might get software updates as per US schedule and not as per UAE.
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
thank you for your comment
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
another Question .. if I bought a phone from Duabi, can I change the firmware to any other country at Samsung service center?
0 Likes
shiv7688
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
yes but you have to go to respective countries center. You cant do it for any country from UAE. For example if am shifting permanently to my home country then i will prefer to change the firmware to my home country so i can take benefit of samsung pay and google play store apps and also samsung store app suggestions as per my home country.
Merdo
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
warranty will not be covered in the GGC AT ALL
shiv7688
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
yes not at all
0 Likes