Original topic:

S21 FE - Issues

(Topic created on: 01-30-2022 01:13 AM)
AijazExplores
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi folks,

I have been using S21 FE for 2 weeks now, and although overall I liked the phone, there are a few issues I have noticed which I wanted to enquire with wider community and bring to notice of mods / support.

1. Network - visibly poor network reception, compared to other phones in my household who are on same service provider (some phones are Samsung models too).

2. Display /scrolling turns choppy sometimes, as if frame rate as fallen or refresh rate has dropped. I observed switching to 60Hz and back to 120hz resolves this.

3. Sudden performance degradation - Twice so far I witnessed the performance of device plunged suddenly, and it became unresponsive, and I had to restart to get it back to normal. 

4. Haptic feedback - I personally feel there's room for improvement, hoping this is looked into, perhaps more levels are added to choose from for touch vibration intensity. 

5.Call recording - Not sure if this is a region (India) specific limitation, but call recording is not available during call and even if I am enabling auto recording, it doesn't record. 

Did anyone else notice these issues? 

Really liked the device, and I am hoping these issues are looked at and resolved in coming updates. 
11 Comments
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
1st issue is genuine. Seen other users talk about it.
But regarding 5th one, call recording is available in India and Samsung. Have your purchased it from outside India?
AijazExplores
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I purchased in India. Someone just pointed out that if wifi calling is used, call recording doesn't work. And I am using WiFi calling due to poor indoor network reception.
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Okay so that's the issue, recording works only for cellular network calling for now.
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Regarding haptics, they have checked cheaped out on the hardware there, so no scope for improvement. It's a well known problem with Samsung midragers around and below 50k.
Call recording - doesn't work in wifi calling. Also it's not available on phones purchased in GCC, Singapore etc.
AijazExplores
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks for clarifying on wifi calling, mate. I am indeed using WiFi calling due to poor indoor network. Looks like 1 & 5 are related for me!
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
And 2/3 will be resolved with updates. It's common for a new phone. No worries.
Even network reception will improve over time.
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience you are facing. We understand your concern and will help you resolve this. Kindly follow the below steps to resolve your issue:

Check device network mode settings
Please follow the below steps.

Step1: Navigate to apps screen and tap on Settings.
Step2: Tap on Connections.
Step3: Tap on Mobile networks.
Step4: Tap on network mode SIM1 or SIM2.
Step5: Select network mode.

Note: We recommend to set device network mode as LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) mode.

Check network operator settings
Kindly set device network operator as "Automatically".

Please follow the below steps.

Step1: Navigate to apps screen and tap on Settings.
Step2: Tap on Connections.
Step3: Tap on Mobile networks.
Step4: Tap on Network operators.
Step5: Select automatically.
Note: We recommend to set device network operators as LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) mode.
Step6: Tap on OK.
Step7: Registered on network.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
melquimachado
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

The bug was introduced in Jan 22 update. Turn off "Aways on display" and "Aways on fingerprint" until Samsung want to solve this annoying bug that occurs in all s21 models (exynos)

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s21-fe-display-refresh-rate-issue/

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/galaxy-s21-ultra-refresh-rate-lags/td-p/14844364

manishchhimpa
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
is s21 fe support adaptive refresh rate feature?
0 Likes