Original topic:

S20FE fingerprint issue

(Topic created on: 12-17-2020 12:08 PM)
Prateekaggl
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I am facing a strange issue with the fingerprint of my S20FE.
Firstly, it does not recognise very well and have to tap multiple times and also need to tap and hold to unlock, only tapping dies not work. I already did remove from optimization, increased sensitivity and registered thumb twice but still no luck.

Secondly, the main problem is that after few days, the fingerprint stops working and gives message that the fingerprint data has corrupted and I need to re-enable biometric lock and re-register fingers. 

Any suggestions or possible solutions?

Thanks
9 Comments
AdarshP
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
remove all the previous fingerprints and then register new fingerprints 2 times
0 Likes
gladius314
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Clear cache from recovery, reset settings and remove all fingerprints. Then register your fingerprint twice. If it does not work you need to visit service centre and get it fixed or else get a replacement since its not a wide spread issue.
0 Likes
Prateekaggl
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Already done this step. This is already my replacement device, the first one was also defective with display.
0 Likes
gladius314
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
As a final step you could reset to factory before visiting service centre again.
0 Likes
Prateekaggl
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thinking of waiting till OneUI3 and see if that will fix, else will visit SC. This is an intermittent issue. But for sure Ultrasonic FP is far better than optical. Even found FP slower on A51 just like S20FE.
0 Likes
gladius314
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I never had issues with my FP scanner on S20+ in a month I have it. ultrasonic > optical for me bcz it does not blind me at night. After OneUI 3 update its even faster.
0 Likes
Prateekaggl
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
True, S10's and S20's FP are best and successful. These optical ones of Samsung are worst..
0 Likes
Rohit9r
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Same issue...Still not resolved by Samsung Team
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes