Original topic:

S20 ultra heat control

(Topic created on: 10-06-2021 06:49 PM)
Shadaab87
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My S20 ultra 5G (exynos990) keeps heating up for the top side of the screen.. i dont do gameing. Just watch youtube on low brightness, email, maybe a little shopping..so clearly no heavy useage..i dont even have a 5G connection. Something seriouly needs to be done about the heat control and it needs to be done fast.  
Shadaab87
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
But the s21 ultra has exynos 2100 which i also dont trust. I need better battery life and SoT. I made a mistake of giveing up on my S20 FE 5G ( snapdragon)
0 Likes
faddy64
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Have you tried playing with the settings and manually optimise your settings to get a good battery life? I have used it and my friend has it too so far so good. Performance and battery life seems pretty good to me. And also yes i did hear s20 fe having good battery life but I'm not how much difference there is between the 2 of them
0 Likes
Shadaab87
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Im useing galaxy max hz app which effectively adds adaptive screen refresh rate feature to the s20 ultra which it natively does not have. See the top left corner.. its stays at 60 hz when not scrolling and then quickly switches to 120hz when it detects scrolling also i have enabled screen off mods for better battery saveingSmartSelect_20211006-173833_Galaxy Max Hz_25452.jpgScreenshot_20211006-173803_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
0 Likes
faddy64
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Dude you're using it all wrong
0 Likes
Shadaab87
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
What am i doing wrong?
0 Likes
faddy64
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Also what you can do is install galaxy labs, galaxy labs agent, galaxy app booster and thermal guardian. Which will help you keep your phone smooth and lower your temperatures a bit through thermal guardian. These apps are officially made by samsung so they work better and i use em from time to time. These aren't available in the galaxy store yet based on your region so if you want i will leave you the links to the apks.
0 Likes
Shadaab87
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have enabled show refresh rate in developer options and it actually matches with the galaxy max hz....perfectly! Try it your self. And i have the battery guard and thermal guard aps installed but all they do is show temperature... btw..I have a slightly better battery life since i installed the max hz app cause it shuts off sensors on screen lock through sensors off button enabled in developer mode (write access given through ADB as my phone is not rooted).. its only this heating stupidity thats **bleep** me off.
0 Likes
faddy64
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Then either defective or the 990 is really trash. What thermal guardian does is lower your temps a little bit. Bring down the thermal threshold that might let your phone run 2° cooler than normal. And see if it helps even a little bit
0 Likes
faddy64
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Uninstall all these trash which makes your phone even more sluggish for absolutely no reason. And the whole s20 series supports dynamic switching between 60hz and 120hz natively. This app is enabling nothing for you it's only showing you the refresh rate monitor which is a total bs. And if you want to monitor your refresh rate go to developer options and enable show refresh rate.
0 Likes
Shadaab87
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
So i found what the issue was and this is pretty common one. When you switch on any app that needs camera access takeing photo, video or making Video call. In less than 2 minutes the phone temp went from 29° to 40°and then took about 10min to drop down to around 35° nothing i did made any difference. Switched off enhanched processing switched off scean optimizer, switched to 30fps. No difference. Very dissapointed.. i think im gonna switch to a different brand like xiaomi or vivo.clipboard_image_1634111422916.jpg
0 Likes