Original topic:

S20 plus fingerprint scan issue

(Topic created on: 04-12-2020 04:21 AM)
AbdulWasiu
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, 
I have a delay issue when using my S20 plus fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone.
When i touch my finger to unlock, it does not respond. After trying atleast 3 or four times it recognise the fingerprint and unlocks the phone. This happenes not always but most of the time i tried to unlock my phone.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue. Is it a software or a hardware issue. 
Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks
8 Comments
AshanCharuka
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
First of all make sure you are using a Samsung screen protector.

Some Galaxy phones come with a preinstalled screen protector that will work with the in-screen fingerprint sensor. If the in-screen fingerprint sensor isn't working, it's possible that another screen protector has been installed on top.

An uncertified screen protector may interfere if it covers or touches the in-screen fingerprint sensors. 

If the screen protector was replaced with a non Samsung-certified screen protector, you may need to register your fingerprints again.
AbdulWasiu
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
There's no screen protecter on my phone. I also removed the default screen protecter which is on the phone right out of the box.
AshanCharuka
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
And Moisturize your hands.

No matter where the fingerprint sensor is located, the sensor may not work if your fingers are too dry or chapped. It may be helpful to moisturize your hands with hand lotion. But keep in mind the touch screen and fingerprint sensor may not recognize overly wet fingers.

AbdulWasiu
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Tried moisture my fingers but no effect. The issue is facing when the screen is on. Otherwise it works fine.
AshanCharuka
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Then Delete the registered fingerprint then add it back.

Did you try this?

Sometimes, things would just stop working for unknown reasons. If this is what’s transpiring on your phone’s fingerprint system, deleting the registered fingerprint can help. This is often needed if the registered fingerprint has been corrupted. 

SHΛN
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
It's maybe bqz of your tempered glass,
also dial *#0*# and check fingerprints sensors..
bimsath
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Restart your phone
bimsath
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
and also check device care