Original topic:

S20 plus display issue

(Topic created on: 04-25-2020 11:44 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
Recently I have noticed that there is some colour calibration issue on my phone, not sure if this is software side or hardware side issue. 

The left side (around 1/4 area vertically) is darker in comparison to the remaining screen.

It is most visible on grey colour and on low brightness only(35% and below) and I noticed it while on dark mode. 

Now I don't know whether the left side is the true colour or the remaining area is. 

It's really bothering me and sadly because of countrywide lockdown i can't even take it to a service center.

Anyone else facing this issue?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
w8 Have you tried testing it in Safe mode?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
will try and update here
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
tried with safe mode too, the issue is still present
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I guess I will wait for the updates till service centers reopen because till then nothing can be done
Galaxy S
Isn't this default behaviour of samsung amoled screen?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
no, i checked for the same on s8 and s9 plus too it was uniform across the screen on them
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve "display issue" kindly follow the given below steps:

1) Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears >Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the device.
2) Update software(if required): Settings >Software update >Download and install >Checking for software update >Software update available >Download >Downloading updates >Install now.
3) Reset the device: settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
vijaysaibabu
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
iam facing brightness problem in my S20plus mobile it is little bit dull in color reproduction and unable to see videos in daylight colors are very dim
0 Likes
RonKapoor
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I have been experiencing the same issue. I use s20 plus and s10 plus..the brightness level and color reproduction for some reason is very low on s20 plus in comparison while it should have been atleast at par with s10 plus
0 Likes
HM14
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I noticed this same issue. I use dark mode and at night in low brightness the vertical right 1/4 of my screen is off color. When I turn up the brightness it goes away.  I am not sure if this is a software or hardware issue. It seems you have the same situation as I do, hopefully it gets resolved because it bugs me at night!

0 Likes