Original topic:

S20+ issues

(Topic created on: 04-15-2020 07:46 PM)
Abhilakshya
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
After the April update, the device is now heating up heavily in the following situations:
1. While charging the phone with Samsung's out of the box charger
2. Playing games even after setting the refresh rate to 60 Hz.
3. While using the camera app for more than 5-6 minutes.
4. Using the mobile hotspot.

Is anyone else facing the same issues or some other issues?
18 Comments
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

@Abhilakshya Seems like a CPU problem cuz many Exynos users are facing heating and poor battery issues.I haven't read any heating issue about SD version.also it can be due to poor software optimization.So you can wait for a bug fix update. Also if you're playing high intensive GPU games then 45c is normal,I guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-auto-focus-overheatin...

Abhilakshya
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Complexer, not really sure if 45°C is normal after 6-7 minutes. Played the same games on iPhone 11 and 8 plus, both of them barely even heated at all.
Yes, Exynos is the main culprit.
0 Likes
Ram2703
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
may be but most of the devices has problem with some software update. if its 45°c u really need to check with Samsung service center. otherwise u will need to wait for next update. take care of your expensive one.
Ram2703
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Asia and Europe samsung still run with exynos processors but in US snapdragon 865. always snapdragon is the best process compare to exynos.
0 Likes
sanjeet1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
It heats a lot while playing games like COD and pubg. And it starting throttling. mi phone of 10k give you better experience of gaming than this. #shameonyousamsung
sonijiS20p
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
bhai ye s20 series defective hai isme hmesha problems rhengi isko toh nikal do usme hi bhalai hai.
0 Likes
Amitkp07
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
S20 series me phle se hi problems h bt still company is try to fix all their bug fixes with updates and I think may last tk sab normal hojayega
sonijiS20p
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
bhai ye compney software k bahane aise hi pgl bnati rhegi. ye issue iske camera hardware or exynos processor ka hai jo compney tumhe kbi nhi btaegi.
jay05
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Try returning the device once the lockdown is done. I'll be doing the same