Original topic:

S20 fingerprint not working.

(Topic created on: 06-09-2020 02:27 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
This phone fingerprint scanner is not working. As whenever I tries to register my fingerprint. It always shows try little harder. Even tough I have tried it as hard as possible. Even of gets registered, then it doesn't open through fingerprint. Earlier when I bought the device, at that time it showed to take the full scan after 80%, but after I have restored data from Galaxy Note 8, by using Smart Switch Computer version. Now it shows, the same fingerprint process of the A50s. Its not working properly. Its now only two days, when I have bought the device. 
6 Comments
Galaxy S
bro if u have glass gaurd the finger print doesn't work properly
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I have nothing installed on my S20, the only thin plastic sheet is on it. Which was pre installed on the device.
Galaxy S
bro then check the finger print sensor open samsung members app and in the middle of the bottom get help is there and click on that and there is option interactive check option and open that and check the fingerprint sensor if the problem is not solve better u can return the device
CipherF10
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
this problem is caused because of restoring data from previous device using smart switch. reset your device and don't copy any apps or settings from smart switch. use it as a new device and change all the necessary settings. i hope this will help you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
okay.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.

2. Check device in safe mode:- Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears > Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the screen.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes