Original topic:

S20 fe 5g showing screen flickering issue

(Topic created on: 10-29-2021 05:02 PM)
Saajan_yk
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
When I am playing video with high quality in you tube (4k 60fps video) then after pulling down the notification panel the screen start flickering.
This is not happening upto 1080p but after above resolution I am facing same problem.
Tried with auto screen brightness on and off both. Facing same problem.
kapslock77
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Yo guys, same issue i noticed . I bought the phone yesterday and started noticing it.  So, i thought of replacing the device but this seems to be systematic issue.. not going to solve in any device when i read your discussion above. So what do you suggest? Shall I replace the device or? Any information that you got from samsung care or anything of that sort ?  Reply would be helpful. Ty.

0 Likes
Saajan_yk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
They say its issue from google side so developer of google/you tube gonna fix that.
And regarding replacement i don't think i is necessary to replace. This problem is only with videos in HDR. Other than that u will not notice anything if you play non HDR videos even in 2160p60 fps. Rest depends on your priorities like if u watch HDR videos on regular basis then better to replace it.
kapslock77
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks for that info! I thought of replacing it with another s20fe5g . So. If it's software issue and that too on Google 's side then no use of replacing.. right. BTW I tweeted in helplessness yesterday. Thinking that tech reviewers , Samsung or somebody might highlight or acknowledge the issue or it will be info to the new users. There I had posted video samples. May I ask, Who told that it's google's issue? I might add on to my tweet thread.
0 Likes
Saajan_yk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Support team of Samsung. You can check the screenshot Screenshot_20211005-125512_Samsung Members.jpg
kapslock77
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Alright.. Thanks!
0 Likes
onlyashu19
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Same issue i faced today. I observed the issue while scrolling down notification panel and a 8K/UHD HDR video was playing in background by chance. After some trials I am noticing that the issue happens when I play a HDR video irrespective of its 4K or 8k or 12K. I saw it in a 4K video having HDR. If its not HDR then its not observed. As you said it is happening only in youtube videos , by chance I played all you tube videos till now but not sure if same content is available in prime video or disney+ hotstar. I dont find such content there. So is it really youtube only issue, is it confirmed ?
An update- Just now I saw that the issue is there even if notification panel is not scrolled down. i.e on just playing a HDR video the screen is flickering. This shouldnt happen and doesnot look like a youtube only issue.
0 Likes
Saajan_yk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Not sure but most probably it is HDR issue. In my view any HDR video will show this problem.
Actually what happening is that the light sensitivity sensor gets activated when u play HDR video so whenever you move your device and amount of light falling on sensor changes it automatically changes the brightness..in easy word auto brightness functionality comes in action.
To verify this...play any HDR video and face ur mobile towards light source and don't move ur hands ..in this case it will play the video with same brightness level and then you turn the face of ur mobile away from light source and then u will see the fluctuations in brightness.
So in short under my observation just brightness sensor starts working irrespective of whether you have switched autobrightness on or off
0 Likes
onlyashu19
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
@Saajan_yk. I concur with you. Had already done all these observations and I also had almost same conclusion. But then I played same HDR videos on M31 which is very cheaper and economic budget mobile of samsung. But it has same display as S20FE5G. There was no flickering issue ever in M31 . Did same procedures, testing in both. So its not good to have this issue in such segment phone. Adaptive brightness was on in M31 also but no issue. So there is some bug in S20FE5G. Dont know its in hardware or software. Infact i did factory reset also but no correction. So am concerned it could be hardware issue.
0 Likes
Saajan_yk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yeah checked **bleep** my other realme devices too. No issue in that phones.
Yes its problem with fe device.
But now I have moved on with this bug ,otherwise the product is good for my usage.Tbh in past 5 months i have played HDR videos just to check screen quality.
But would love if the issue gets fixed someday.
0 Likes
onlyashu19
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I returned it just yesterday and again looking for good phone in same range with equivalent features , without any issue
0 Likes