Original topic:

S20 becomes sluggish while charging

(Topic created on: 02-27-2021 08:00 AM)
PulkitGupta1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Note: I'm NOT referring to the screen refresh rate.

Whenever i charge my phone it starts acting sluggishly. Scrolling becomes slow, apps slow down, touch response is delayed. 

Why is this?

I've already tried factory reset.

EDIT: This happens when the phone is on super fast charging mode.

11 Comments
Galaxy S
Same here.. And it happens only when "Super fast charging" is on. On "Fast charging" only the phones works normal.
PulkitGupta1
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Correct
AravindanR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I am using a S10 and I have also observed this issue in my phone. If you disconnect the charger the phone will work perfectly fine. I randomly face this issue when the phone is charging. The phone will feel sluggish and apps scrolling or switching between apps will not be smooth.
AravindanR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Now I am not facing the issue. I installed galaxy labs and app booster(Official Samsung apps can be downloaded from sammobile if you do not find the apps in galaxy store). It optimized all the apps for about 15 minutes. Its been a week and I am no longer facing the issue. Screen doesn't feel sluggish.
0 Likes
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
while super charge mode , the system analysis
the current flow
heat and
battery level to
keep phone safe and charge faster at the same time.

So it throttles performance to control temperature in control.
MeeceIT
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Makes logical sense (to the extent I can understand the broken English), but if this is truly the case, Samsung needs to be open with it's users and let them know this is a possible issue they will face. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Check space availability: Settings > Device Care > Storage
Request you to keep at least ''minimum 20% internal memory free''

2. Check space availability: Settings > Device care > Memory
To improve the performance RAM of the device should be free. So, clear the RAM memory once in a day.

3. Avoid usage of mobile phone during charging, Usage of the mobile phone when charging may cause slow charging issue.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
MeeceIT
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Hi there Samsung Customer Support,

Can you briefly explain why ones phone internal storage would need to have at least 20 percent of free space? Why would this have any effect on the phone performance only when charging?

Samsung_yQXbKlT
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

1. my available space is 44 gb out of 128gb. 

2. Available ram is 4.2gb out of 8 gb.

3. I have work, and I have to use the mobile while charging.

Phone memory is empty %43, used ram is 4 of 8. Device care is %100. Everything looks ok but, once I connect the charger I m unable to use it coz of very slow responsiveness.  I think it is better to make a video and put on Twitter to get more proper answer.

0 Likes