the current flow
battery level to
keep phone safe and charge faster at the same time.
So it throttles performance to control temperature in control.
Makes logical sense (to the extent I can understand the broken English), but if this is truly the case, Samsung needs to be open with it's users and let them know this is a possible issue they will face.
Dear Samsung Member,
Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!
Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:
1. Check space availability: Settings > Device Care > Storage
Request you to keep at least ''minimum 20% internal memory free''
2. Check space availability: Settings > Device care > Memory
To improve the performance RAM of the device should be free. So, clear the RAM memory once in a day.
3. Avoid usage of mobile phone during charging, Usage of the mobile phone when charging may cause slow charging issue.
For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).
Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Samsung Customer Support
Hi there Samsung Customer Support,
Can you briefly explain why ones phone internal storage would need to have at least 20 percent of free space? Why would this have any effect on the phone performance only when charging?
1. my available space is 44 gb out of 128gb.
2. Available ram is 4.2gb out of 8 gb.
3. I have work, and I have to use the mobile while charging.
Phone memory is empty %43, used ram is 4 of 8. Device care is %100. Everything looks ok but, once I connect the charger I m unable to use it coz of very slow responsiveness. I think it is better to make a video and put on Twitter to get more proper answer.