Original topic:

S20 battery issue

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 03:29 PM)
AmnGill
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,
Is anybody facing battery drain issue with s20. After 100% charge,  battery dropped to 96%  within few minutes without any usage and keeps on draining .  Quite a concern. Also AccuBattery is showing 3505mah battery capacity against designed capacity of 4000mah. Has anybody checked battery capacity with AccuBattery for s20/S20+?
19 Comments
Mesbah3575
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Optimization need some time...
I'm also using s20+
0 Likes
samsam0sam
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
how is the battery life?
0 Likes
burrat
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I m facing the same problem of draning of the battery
what should b done
0 Likes
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
it's common. accubattery is not optimised for S20 series yet. set the capacity yourself in the app.
0 Likes
AmnGill
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks for the comments on battery capacity but
battery drops very fast without any usage too and just after fully charged without any use within 3 minutes drops to 97%. Apple works way better in using battery when not in use. I have iPhone X and that too 2 year old. I think deep sleep mode needs update.
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Hi there,

To resolve the issue please follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the given link: http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > click on “+“icon > send feedback > error report/ask questions).

Regards,

Team Samsung Member

0 Likes
Timbo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have an S20 and Accubattery is not accurate with it. It is showing the battery health is 89% after a week. It did the same thing with my Galaxy S9 plus. I just think Accubattery has a problem with some Samsung devices. Accubattery just goes by whatever the phone's electronics tells its, so there could be something quirky how about how the Samsung battery reports it's status.

lalutcosmin
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

at S20 after one week of use, Accu Battery shows 3580 estimate and 92% health. It's not normal ...

0 Likes
utkarshrastog
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
my s20 plus just battery replaced due to that same issue mine shows 3780mah estimated when 4370mah is my phone mah.
but even now accubattery shows only 3995mah only.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I have an S20+. And the firmware reports 4,370 capacity which is the guaranteed minimum capacity. Not the reported capacity comes from the phone firmware NOT the app.  The estimated actual capacity comes from the app. The capacity the manufacturers advertise is the "average" capacity. Also I've used Accubattery for a couple months now and it reports 94% health, this doesn't mean my battery actually has the advertised 4,500 mah capacity. The health is based on the phone accurately measuring the exact charging current of the charger which isn't a perfect measurement.

Generally these battery apps are good for measuring the RELATIVE change in the health of your battery over a long period of time, or, checking the battery health when you purchase a refurb/used phone. For new phones, anything 92% on up in my opinion is an indication the battery is good and essentially in like-new condition. On renewed/used phones, that are 1-3 years old, I think anything at about 85% up shows the battery is still pretty good. It's when you start to dip below 75% is it probably a reliable sign you probably could benefit from switching to a newer phone/battery.

Also, it is no uncommon when a phone is brand new or after installing some new apps, your battery usage can temporarily jump for a day or two.  The most important stat to look at in Accubattery is the current (not average) Screen Off Dishcharge rate in % per hour.  If it's around 1% or lower, then you don't have a lot of apps doing stuff in the background to eat battery.  If it's like 2% or more, then go into Settings > Device care > Battery > Battery Usage and look at what apps are using a lot of battery that have more background time than foreground.  Those are what's eating your battery and you need to see if there are settings in the app to minimize background usage, or make sure they are not excluded from the Optimize Battery Apps list (some apps have to operate all the time in the background though.)
0 Likes