Original topic:

S20+ VERTICAL GREEN LINES

(Topic created on: 08-22-2022 09:33 AM)
ShanyaDF
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

2 vertical lines (green/white) have appeared on my phone display out of nowhere! 

I have been a loyal customer of Samsung phones and have always advocated for them ever since I started using a smartphone – from the Galaxy Y, Galaxy Ace, S6 Mini, S7, S10 and now the S20+. I purchased my S20+ on the 15th of October 2020 from Singhargiri PVT LTD (an authorized Samsung Dealer).

On the 27th of March 2022, a green line appeared across my phone screen without me dropping or damaging the phone. A couple months later, another line appeared. I now have 2 lines running across my screen without me causing any damage to the phone for this to happen. I emailed the customer support in Sri Lanka and they straight up told me that they would not cover this repair if it is outside my warranty period.

I purchase Samsung products for its durability. I wish Samsung addressed this issue and gave us a positive solution rather than turning a blind eye to it which in turn is driving away their loyal customers/advocates. I can't afford to buy a brand new phone at the moment so looking for any advise to overcome this situation positively. 

11 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi... sorry to hear that 😞 

This is a common manufacturing issue on S20 series.
So far the only solution is to replace the display. Sorry to say this, but If you are out of warranty, you may have to pay around Rs. 125,000 for an original display replacement at a Samsung service center. I'm suggesting to you use your current display as much as you can and make sure to backup your phone data to a somewhere secure place in case your display is completely lost. Meanwhile, try to use Link to Windows or Samsung Dex when it possible. Sometimes It'll be helpful to slow down the display usage and possibly help to use last long the display. But this is not 100% sure and can't guarantee. Just a suggestion.
SahanNBS
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Same problem happening to me as well. I saw that Samsung India, Philippines offers free screen replacements even for out of warrenty devices. Nothing form Samsung Sri Lanka?
Galaxy S
No official update yet...
sahanwakwella
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
So samsung😑
0 Likes
LasithFernando
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
They must recall all the S20+ phones having this screen issue. Totally unacceptable behaviour from samsung.
Being a flagship device they must treat the flagship customers better than this.
The current price of the screen they said was beyond LKR 120K, that is 75% of the device cost for me.. Why should the customer pay for Samsung's defect? This is complete injustice.
dakshitha
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
same problem
0 Likes
DuminduT
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Same problem to me
0 Likes
neohbh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

The same problem happens to my S20+ after using it for 2 yrs plus. 

0 Likes
maheshg866
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same problem.
0 Likes