Original topic:

S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-29-2020 11:09 AM)
immi007
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung is the uncontested king of the Android ecosystem—even releasing and then canceling the explosive Galaxy Note 7 barely slowed the company down. People care about the Samsung brand, so it can get away with charging a bit more for a phone. A whopping price, though? While the S20 Ultra is a capable device, it won't knock your socks off the way a 93,000 phone should. Even the new camera array feels like more of the same from Samsung.

THE GOOD

Display The new 120Hz OLED is gorgeous, and Samsung finally got rid of the curve.
Design Nice, slim bezels all the way around the screen. The buttons have thankfully returned to the right side of the phone.

5G While 5G is of limited usefulness for most people, this phone will work on all the existing 5G networks.

Battery The S20 Ultra will make it through the day, and you can extend battery life significantly by switching to 60Hz display mode.

Zoom shots Photos between 4x and 10x zoom benefit from the periscope lens.

Charging The 25W bundled charger is faster than most phones, and you can get a 45W charger from Samsung.

THE BAD

Design again This phone is gigantic, heavy, and made of slippery glass. The camera module also sticks out a mile.

Battery again A device with a 5,000mAh battery should be able to run longer than the S20 Ultra, but 5G and the 120Hz screen keep it from being great.

Software You can't use Google's gesture nav with third-party launchers, and Samsung still has a lot of clutter in its Android skin.

Fingerprint sensor The ultrasonic sensor is still slow and sometimes just won't work right.

Camera Ongoing focus issues have ruined some shots. Samsung's processing also makes many photos look too soft, even with the fancy new 108MP camera. Higher zoom factors with the "Space Zoom" system look bad.

Price 93,000 is just too much to pay when the cheaper S20 and S20+ are so similar.

The Galaxy S20 and S20+ have very similar specs, and they're neither as expensive nor as oversized as the S20 Ultra. I don't think the S20 Ultra is good enough to justify the upgrade.

Source Android police 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Buddy be happy that they aren't charging more like Apple. You will be satisfied for the amount you pay. Also spare parts of Samsung is much cheaper compared to apple. Eg apple will charge almost Rs 30k to replace iphone 11 display if it's gone and Samsung will charge almost half of amount to replace its S20 display in case if it's broken. I feel iphone is useless they are looting money from us.

View solution in context

Solution
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I agree with you buddy innovations has to be there right how can you stick on to the old innovations for 5 years when new technologies are coming day by day.

View solution in context

Solution
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Hey buddy you are wrong. Google and one plus gives only 2 years software updates. And in case of apple they give updates for 3 years which reduces system stability, slows down the system and much more. Apple is also very smart.

View solution in context

8 Comments
Solution
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Buddy be happy that they aren't charging more like Apple. You will be satisfied for the amount you pay. Also spare parts of Samsung is much cheaper compared to apple. Eg apple will charge almost Rs 30k to replace iphone 11 display if it's gone and Samsung will charge almost half of amount to replace its S20 display in case if it's broken. I feel iphone is useless they are looting money from us.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
software support 2 years, and display is from Samsung they can't help but price it more, because its before iPhone 10 displays are priced less. You could use iPhone for 3 years without out any problems , and 2 more additional years if you don't want to change your mobile. you get polished software more battery life than 120 hz display would take , also if you care about brand value apple has it more. lastly it's resale value every time is higher than Samsung phones . that last point is enough to know what phone is better investment.
0 Likes
Solution
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I agree with you buddy innovations has to be there right how can you stick on to the old innovations for 5 years when new technologies are coming day by day.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes, but i think now smartphones are slowing innovations. i don't think much will change , anyways 5 years is long, but that's how it has its resale value. 3 years is good buddy. i think 3 years iPhone keeps its updates and service without any problems. if Samsung gets Thier software right and gives at least 3 year updates like Google and OnePlus and with less bugs it would definitely beat Apple in software. late year alone or release 40+ phones with 190 variants. to keep every phone working it's hard for them too
0 Likes
Solution
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Hey buddy you are wrong. Google and one plus gives only 2 years software updates. And in case of apple they give updates for 3 years which reduces system stability, slows down the system and much more. Apple is also very smart.
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
pixel 3 year's Android version updates. i will post OnePlus soon.
0 Likes
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
pixel Android version update details. will post OnePlus later
0 Likes
immi007
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
OnePlus updated Android version details. from OnePlus 5 it's giving 3 years of Android version update. Also some Android one phone give 3 years of updates. i need not to post Apple because everyone knows it gives 5 updates, but when you visit it's site it say it recommends to you to use iPhone for 3 years, in reality they give 5 updates. ipad gets more than 5 updates.
0 Likes