Original topic:

S20 Ultra Not receiving calls nor SMS

(Topic created on: 05-12-2020 11:57 PM)
Samsung_JPgehf1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hey, I just want to tell you that I had  issue with Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra bought in Qatar and working with Ooredoo Network.

First of all the 5g Network not activated on the phone, and when I checked with Samsung after sales they informed me this issue from the provider not from the device.

second and major problem that make me annoying so much from the devoice that when phone was connected to any wifi, the phone was not able to receive any calls and the calls or sms,  When I made an out call with the affected phone, then the phone was "unblocked" for some time, until the problem returned after another idle time.

I made multiple tests, changes of settings, resets and trying to narrow down the issue and I was not able to solve it. The factory reset seemed to make this issue less frequent. 

Cheers and good luck

15 Comments
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Goto your connection settings and switch to 3g only and check whether it's solved. If then, it may be the problem of your 4g network.
0 Likes
alpha23
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I'm facing the same issue as you might know. I have tried your suggestion of switching to 3G and so far I haven't had any dropouts. I'll keep testing until tomorrow and see how it goes.

Galaxy S

Thanks, but actually all other devises working without problem with 4g ooredoo even my S8 working without problem, that's means the problem not from the provider it is from the device.

Now i have been convinced why the people buy apple Phones , to avoid the headache that i got. 

alpha23
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I have the same issue on the same network with a samsung s20+ and have been in touch with ooredoo and been trying various fixes to no avail as of yet

Galaxy S

This is not solution to switch to 3g , i will buy mobile with 100 USD working with 3g..

Why all others phones working properly with ooredoo 4g except samsung galaxy S20, i will wait for one weeks if the problem still exist then i will ask to return the phone. 

0 Likes
alpha23
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I agree given the price of the phone. I got a call from Ooredoo this morning and turns out there was a problem on their network which they have now rectified and I've been able to use 4g on my phone with wifi on without the network "timing out". So far no problem, I've been calling my s20+ throughout the day and had no issues. I suggest you contact Ooredoo and make sure they get to the bottom of it. I also thought it was an issue with the phone but somehow it had to do with the network.

0 Likes
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Please check this too,
Goto settings and search VOLTE
If you find 'USE LTE FOR CALLS', then turn it ON.
0 Likes
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Also, if you are comfortable with resetting your settings, just try that too.
Settings >General management>Reset >Reset settings.
Thank you.
0 Likes
Galaxy S

This does not work. I have reset and reset, removed and put the sim back in, but didn't work.