Original topic:

S20 Screen flickering issue

(Topic created on: 08-20-2021 12:00 AM)
Addu18
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I am using Samsung S20 and i have faced the issue of screen blinking today and then screen turned white and green. It went on like this for 45 minutes. I switched off the phone and kept it on charging, then issue got resolved. But i am worried, this can happen again. 
I read other people are also facing similar issues, are we gettinb any proper response from Samsung or the standard factory reset option?
Is there someone else who is facing this issue?
11 Comments
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
So far there is no proper response from samsung regarding display problems. They would just ask to visit a nearby service centre.

This issue is common with S series, from galaxy S6 onwards.
0 Likes
bosschirag
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Under warranty or not
0 Likes
k5kumar492
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes This issue common i face also, factory reset than resolved.
0 Likes
Astrobeast
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yes i got that same problem on my note 10 ! I visited service centre took job sheet and mail to samsung ceo desk and claim free screen replacement even i am out of warranty . I got free of cost replacement of ₹17400 parts
0 Likes
Samsung_KsmgTGw
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

bro, can you tell me what i need to do ? i have the same issue on my s20 ultra

0 Likes
Astrobeast
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
1st go to service center they will inspect the device and ask the job sheet and refuse to pay any amount then mail the job sheet at ceo desk with proper explanation of the problem and photo of problem . Ceo desk will contact within 2 day . Then problem will be inspected by seniors consmer executive and they offer you accordingly by the policy!
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We request you to kindly visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/  

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards, 
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Arunmc
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Faced the same issue and contact Customer support. They asked me to replace the screen and bear the cost. No damage to the phone and woke up on a morning and found this happened (not even charging). Later realized that lot of others also faced the same issue and tried all the below redomendations with no luck. 

1. Disabled Samsung Customization service. 

2. Factory reset from the recovery menu. 

3. Not able to change the refresh rate as my screen was completely unusable. 

This issue is mostly faced with Exynos chip and I am not sure of Snapdragon chipset. 

0 Likes